Scripting in CS:S. Questions …

Gatos_7

Reaction score
Hi I have some questions about scripting in CS
I tried searching but so many threads came up I got lost.
I don’t consider bind “b” buy that a script I’m looking for something more …

First of all do u know of any good faqs for scripting in CS ?
Second . Is there a way to execute a script that binds keys every time I start CS and doesn’t write the binds in the default cfg script? I want to have the option to remove the script and have all the default binds back up.
Third … is there a command or something to get how much money I have and buy weapons accordingly to that ? Something like If money= xxx then bind x buy that and that and that and that. :p
Fourth is there a command that can read the map I’m playing and buy weapons accordingly? If map=de_dust2 and money=xxxx then bind x buy that and that and that etc.

That’s all :)

These are all the buy commands:

usage: buy <item>
primammo
secammo
vest
vesthelm
defuser
nvgs
flashbang
hegrenade
smokegrenade
galil
ak47
scout
sg552
awp
g3sg1
famas
m4a1
aug
sg550
glock
usp
p228
deagle
elite
fiveseven
m3
xm1014
mac10
tmp
mp5navy
ump45
p90
m249

And these are the buy scripts I use, work whichever side you are on-

bind "[" "buy ak47; buy m4a1; buy primammo; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade"
bind "]" "buy galil; buy famas; buy primammo; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade"
bind ";" "buy mp5navy; buy primammo; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy flashbang"
bind "'" "buy g3sg1; buy sg550; buy primammo; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy smokegrenade"

Simply use these as templates and you should be able to make any buy binds you want

I was hopping for something more complicated …
Oh well this will have to do, thanx m8 :cool:

I wrote out everything I've found for what's changed in cs:s scripting from cs 1.6 on the counter-strike.net forums here. It doesn't necessarily start as a basic tutorial for scripting in general, but you could always follow cs-nation's tutorial and apply what's changed in cs:s.

If you want to keep them all separate for different maps then just have a set of binds for each map kept in separate cfg.

Then when a new map loads up you load up the config for that map.
So say you want buy scripts for dust, aztec and cbble.
Simply take your config and copy it 3 times, then open up the copies with notepad and delete the old config data so they are empty. Then enter the buy scripts for each map into a separate config - leaving you with three open notepad items each containing a different set of buy scripts that use the same set of keys in each (so that they are replaced instead of added to each time you load up a config).
Then when you have all three with the correct buy scripts in each, save them and rename them- dustconfig, aztecconfig and cbbleconfig respectively.

your config can be found at the following filepath and all new configs must go here too >

steam/steamapps/your email/counter-strike:source/cstrike/cfg

Then when dust loads up simply type this into the console:
exec dustconfig
for aztec type:
exec aztecconfig

etc....

that's about as good as you'll get without making a program yourself or waiting for someone to release something that does what you want

EDIT- damn those advertising links!

Back