SDK Before E3

Don't expect modding stuff to be easy, it's hard work. And rightly so.

Anyway, practice with HL1's Hammer, it's the best editor ever imo ;E

Ubisoft launches Far Cry mod site

I hope Value dose the same thing for HL2, It whould be cool to get some of the people who work for the company to give the MOD makers some tips and advice.
The sit even comes with a 180-page manual produced by the game's developer, Crytek. Wow! they went all the way to help their Mod community and I know Value will do the same, I hope lol.

Software Development Kit

It's used to make mod's. Contains the Hl2 code and alows you to modify it into your own game.

I hope Value dose the same thing for HL2, It whould be cool to get some of the people who work for the company to give the MOD makers some tips and advice.

Part of it has already launched: it's on XSI's site, with the free copy of XSI for Half-life that Valve convinced them to offer (a pretty usable version of software that normally costs in the thousands). A free expo event for modders, a mentoring system where Valve team members counsel mods personally, Hammer2, face poser, model viewers, documentation, example content, and more: yeah, Valve never does anything to help modders. :rolleyes:

for those saying that it could be E3 2005, it actually says E3 2004, this may.

Back