SDK is now AVAILABLE!!!

ok, will CS:S automatically download new maps or will they have to be posted?

make me jeepathon now plz. kthxbye

boo yea

i give it like a day before we get like all them crazy Cs maps!
GLASS HOUSES!! heh or nothing but desert eagles

WWWWWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo SDK

And

Preload no. 7

ohh yea

its nice the modders have a head start by already working on models....now they can do everything! :cheers:
common natural selection and hullbreach!

Preload 7 is the localized content, audio and subtitles in different languages to be exact. I'm not sure if the english version will have to pre-load....

omg, finally. i remember it was going to be released "soon" in januari this year.

I don't think it's possible to port the natural selection game within 2 weeks. I want a MP game with my HL2!!

(no!!, CS is dead 4 me)

oh well, W0000t!!! anyways. !! :) :)

Is it in the new preload of HL2, or can you only download it when you preordered HL2? Cause I don't see a gray out icon in My Games yet, my HL2 is preloading from 97,9 though.

hahaha, the model viewer crashed the first time i opened it. nice one valve

hmmm its just the tools.....full sdk gotta wait for hl2
:rolling:

Is the SDK available for those Steam-HL2-buyer-dudes-you-know-what-i-mean or can anyone download it? Cant find any fancy buttons on Steam itself or steampowered.com.

Whats up with this constand HL² preorder exclusive shit. release the tools to the public dammit! I am sick and tired with valve playing their games.

EVIL said:
Whats up with this constand HL² preorder exclusive shit. release the tools to the public dammit! I am sick and tired with valve playing their games.

Yeah I know just because people don't wanna buy off their crappy steam program they don't get to use stuff like new tools.

exelent news!!!! how big is it???
i have modem connection :(

dont laught at me...

Someone take a picture of the configs for me? Im having trouble getting it running

EVIL said:

Lol shut up, I think Valve can release THEIR tools that THEY made for FREE whenever the hell they want.

Someone would make themselves very popular by posting some screenshots and info of how to configure hammer right now :p

theroadtonowhere said:
Lol shut up, I think Valve can release THEIR tools that THEY made for FREE whenever the hell they want.

Yeah they can, doesn't mean the fans are going to like it.

no fan support = dead game

EVIL said:

These are only the tools. They require a working couterstrike source install and therefore can't work with just a preload of HL2. Relax, when the full SDK is released you will be able to get it through steam without the game just like the Source Dedicated Server. They released this ahead of the SDK as a favor to their fans. The complete SDK is not ready yet. As we can see from some of the crash reports on the forums.

Sweet i'm downloading it now. Even though I have NO clue how to use SDK stuff. :p Never used it. But i'm gonna try it out.

Zeus said:
Yeah they can, doesn't mean the fans are going to like it.

no fan support = dead game

Valve, and no fan support.... are you actually saying this? I mean can you not read what your typing?

Under Tools, select options. If you get an error that when you click OK, makes Hammer crash, just ignore the error, for now, and click the grey background.

game executable:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\youraccountnamehere\counter-strike source

game directory:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\youraccountnamehere\sourcesdk\launcher

Hammer map directory(i dunno, but it works):
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\youraccountnamehere\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps

quite obviously, the bolded part gets replaced with your STEAM UID. Now, to open the demo map go to File, select open, and direct yourself to the folder
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\youraccountnamehere\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps.
Inside you'll find the one example.

AWESOME !!!!

Wondering, does it have any kind of tutorial so people who are intrested in mod making but have no experience can use it?

Questions:
Do you have to have preordered HL2 to get the SDK?
If I didn't preorder it, will it come in the retail version?

Narcolepsy said:
Questions:
Do you have to have preordered HL2 to get the SDK?
If I didn't preorder it, will it come in the retail version?

No, the SDK will be available to everyone when it is fully released.

Back