SDK not working!!! WTF!!!!!!

I had this problem too, all you have to do to resolve it is: -

-restart steam
-run Half-Life 2
-run SDK

That worked for me. It took a bit of digging up to find that solution. I wasn't sure if you just had to run HL2 or actually play it, so I loaded a game just to be sure.

Hope that helps.

redundant said:
I had this problem too, all you have to do to resolve it is: -

-restart steam
-run Half-Life 2
-run SDK

That worked for me. It took a bit of digging up to find that solution. I wasn't sure if you just had to run HL2 or actually play it, so I loaded a game just to be sure.

Hope that helps.

If this doesn't solve it, try going to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\-usernamehere-\sourcesdk\bin and running vconfig.exe It should make the error go away :)

Well i reset the config and it worked but now when i start Hammer, Face thing or the Model Viewer they all crash and i get a an error just like i always do. I didnt have this problem when i had the leak!!

So who do i contact. Does SDK have a contact? So far SDK is the most useless POS ever since there is no support to even get the thing to work.

Funny how no-one else seems to be ranting about it on here, except you.

Assassin X said:
Well i reset the config and it worked but now when i start Hammer, Face thing or the Model Viewer they all crash and i get a an error just like i always do. I didnt have this problem when i had the leak!!

Yeah I got the same thing, I just reset to the default configurations.

It's not difficult to figure out, took me all of 2 seconds.

As for your SDK crashing, I don't know if it is officially supported. Just try installing again, and try the steam forums.

Maybe Valve just don't like you because you had the leak, and you're paying for it now :p

Back