SDK Update

The Dark Elf said:
Don't get too carried away, I'm sure some news pleb will eventually turn up, delete this and make his own thread....
...I wouldn't mind but you know it's being sorted.

The buildcubemaps console command should now function correctly.

What was wrong with buildcubemaps? It's been working fine for me...

The impulse 81 command to check cubemap placement should now function correctly.

Heh, that was so funny having a counter-terrorist with ERROR flying around with him :)

ship said:
Nope. :p
But I've seen you post around and you always entertain me! :D
You know, that's really flattering! :eek:

lol, it's amazing how you have no idea you are being 'watched' like that... It feels really weird... In a good way... To know that...

Wow, it is REALLY late! (4:30 AM!!!)

Someone's always watching, Mr. Vegeta. :naughty:
Hahaha, I swear, I'm not stalking you. I just happened to check the site right after you posted.

It's true, though. I love(d) that Isometric Bugbait you did. Still amazes me everytime I see it!

Omg, the new load time is like 4 seconds or less. It was devastating before

bigdeezy23 said:
Omg, the new load time is like 4 seconds or less. It was devastating before
Yep, speeds have definately been improved, overall its better now

The so called memory leak doesn't seem so bad neither, but its still there.

Buildcubemaps did not work properly before for some people, like myself.

Valve's really accomplishing some great stuff. The number of updates since the game's been released is simply amazing. And this, wow, they really fixed/improved EVERYTHING.

I don't get how people can not like Steam.

ill look into it tonight, but alot of people think that face poser is a miracle worker. you still need to create all your morph targets by hand and import them, all face poser does is blnd them together, and use phonemes to match up the audio to the proper morph target. not a big deal. maybe a big one for xsi, but not for maya or max, and i bet xsi's had it for a while.
anyone know if this has some maya animation export tools?

polyguns said:
ill look into it tonight, but alot of people think that face poser is a miracle worker. you still need to create all your morph targets by hand and import them, all face poser does is blnd them together, and use phonemes to match up the audio to the proper morph target. not a big deal. maybe a big one for xsi, but not for maya or max, and i bet xsi's had it for a while.
anyone know if this has some maya animation export tools?
It's just a version of none linear animation. Don't worry, Maya and Max aren't the only ones that have that, the others have had such features for quite some time.

yup. dunno what the quote was for, wasn't disputing that. but still im at work, cna't look at the sdk, does it finally have maya documentation nad plugins for exporting animations?

Okay, so, when someone's ready to distribute a mod, do they just give out the folder, people put it in their SourceMods directory, and it'll appear in the Play games list just from that?

And still no hit box fix. Well it takes time, hl was released 1998 and they still haven't fixed the hit boxes/net code, well give it a couple of hundred years and they will anounce, that a fix maybe coming.

well i'm happy that we have more content and fixes, but my poor phone modem is taking a beating.. i haven't been on steam much since the update and it looks like i got MANY megabytes to download=P
it means i can't work on my map for the whole day or maybe two..
of course it's my fault for wanting the cutting edge and not having high-speed internet.. but man i feel sorry for all the phone modem people..

Bakurei said:
And still no hit box fix. Well it takes time, hl was released 1998 and they still haven't fixed the hit boxes/net code, well give it a couple of hundred years and they will anounce, that a fix maybe coming.

Uh they already did some fixes to interoplation which is what you should be actually referring to.

Dec 16 update:
# Fixed viewmodel lag
# Added consistency checking player model bounds

I get better hit boxes in CS:Source with an interp of under .05

archcommus said:
Okay, so, when someone's ready to distribute a mod, do they just give out the folder, people put it in their SourceMods directory, and it'll appear in the Play games list just from that?
Exactly. :)

I did it with JB Mod, works perfectly.

And it's about time they added this too!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FACEPOSER!

machinima is going to start pwning now.

steam hates 56k users. i wouldn't even bother with hl2 if i was still on dial up, would be too much trouble.
would be nice if valve offered other types of distribution, like common executables, so 56k users can go to buddies houses, and download , burn, then take back home. without that i never wolda gotten to play desert combat

polyguns said:
would be nice if valve offered other types of distribution, like common executables, so 56k users can go to buddies houses, and download , burn, then take back home.

uh.. you CAN do that.

He can sign into his account at his buddies house, download and authenticate the needed files, burn them, take them to his house and playz0rz

Back