Secret HL2 website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in that damn dictionary:

"Information has a "half-life": the older it is, the less value it has. From Hacking-Lexicon2"

Well? ;)

weirdo211 said:
i dont know but some one posted some random letters and that reminded me of when gman was saying some stuff in a weird language in the E3 viedo

You mean Chinese?

I personally think that you guys are reading way too much into this. Who says there even is a second test? "You've passed the first test" is just a figure of speech, a common cliche.

Course there's more! The sentence clearly suggests there is more.

Why is that google whack in there? There is a reason, which we have yet to discover. It's all good fun!! It's 2:20 now, let's get cracking....

so if it was "you passed the test" You passed the test for what? now what? what do we get? tests always sum up to something... we dident get anything yet.

Hey, I didn't say it wasn't fun! :bounce:
I'm typing in random things in the web address bar. What's the paragraph symbol called?

EDIT: Also, I don't think the google whack leads to anything - I bet it's just an easter egg in which Valve is showing us all of the HL related stuff in the dictionary, just for fun.

err doesn't really hav eone. It's just two bytes, 0ah, 0dh, in windows that is.

I just think you guys are all paranoid. That google thing probably has nothing to with Valve (if it does...well...I might eat my leg).

This topic has just become total spam...

Go out and smell the roses. :)

And you're a non-believer! If the google whack is a coincidence then wtf are those words doing there in the page keywords??? Yes this has become spam, we need a new thread really...

we11er said:
And you're a non-believer! If the google whack is a coincidence then wtf are those words doing there in the page keywords??? Yes this has become spam, we need a new thread really...

This is the new thread. The last one on this same subject was closed after about 55 pages and 6 or 7 hundred posts.

ZoomaCLW said:
Found it. Called a pilcrow.

[SARCASM]crow - crowbar?[/SARCASM]
Are you talking about the paragraph symbol?

I would ignore that, I just saw that jpg compression quality and thought, "hey, that looks like binary" I highly doubt it means ANYTHING.

But it's still fun to make up stuff. :D

Does anyone have some sort of URL scanner/brute forcer? i found this one but it only scans numbers, not characters.

i was hoping i (or someone) could scan for webpages within the half-life2.com/secret directory. Even if a login prompt showed up, we would know that there is something on the other side of the login.

DIRB is another URL bruteforcer i found, but being a script kiddie i couldn't figure out what i was supposed to compile.

Additionally, has anyone tried any other login names besides "valve?"

its not a traditional password bruteforcer, it merely goes through a dictionary to see if a url exists. for example, it would start like so:

http://www.half-life2.com/secret/pwn3d/aaaa.html (or .jpg, .gif, whatev)
http://www.half-life2.com/secret/pwn3d/aaab.html
http://www.half-life2.com/secret/pwn3d/aaac.html
http://www.half-life2.com/secret/pwn3d/aaad.html
http://www.half-life2.com/secret/pwn3d/aaae.html

and continues until an existing page is found. This is helpful for fixing bad links on websites.

This is some crazy stuff. It's interesting how a little thing like this ignites a whole community. Goof stuff, Valve. :afro:

only problem is that takes a looooooooong time, especially over the net, and i doubt valve want hundreds of people effectively DDoSing their main half-life 2 server!

we11er said:
only problem is that takes a looooooooong time, especially over the net, and i doubt valve want hundreds of people effectively DDoSing their main half-life 2 server!

Indeed. Prolly not the best way to go about this. :)

Its not like their server's being used for anything else, noone wants to see two month old news! :p

And when they put a challange up like this, they're almost asking for it.

lol.......

Attachments

• gman.jpg
    gman.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 408
was their something special about the attachment that we should know about?

Hazar Dakiri said:
was their something special about the attachment that we should know about?
Yeah... he doesn't use Firefox... for shame! ;(

I prophesy (not prophesize) that ValvE will discontinue the Half Life series and enter the market of silly HTML puzzles. The object of the games are to completely overspeculate the meaning of a clipped picture of chickenscratch on a dry-erase board and an ASCII picture which are actually the password to enter the teleportation chamber located at ValvE HQ in Seattle, which has a 50/50 chance of taking you to Gabe's house or back in time to September 30th, 2003, which then you will have to wait all over again for HL2. If you make it to Gabe's house and give him a burrito, you win the game and get a T-Shirt that says "I Won Gabe's Game And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt." :p

But seriously, how in depth is this gonna go? Shouldn't they be working on the game, or if its done, on vacation?

guys, i've found something special:

manual entry of gman, look at the numbers.

/F7 SF 0 607.8 M(gman)S
could that mean something :cheese:

Evil^Milk said:
Guys... guys! I found something...

clicky here

lol, about: URLs haven't worked in IE for awhile now

It took you far too long to type that, though.
"omg lol wtf you jsut got ownzerd by vavle omg wtf lol"

YOU LOSE! :D

Charlie Brown - Software Developer
Charlie earned his reputation within the gaming industry while working for 3Dfx Interactive and, later, Ritual. A Ft. Walton Beach, Florida native, Charlie graduated from the University of Florida in the summer of 1994 and then headed for California and 3Dfx. His responsibilities there included developer support, ports of products to hardware, sample code and simple demos, and ultimately working with 3Dfx Developer Relations managing the engineering game porting effort. After a 2-year stint, Charlie left 3Dfx with college-friend Gary McTaggart to create the Uber(tm) Engine at Ritual Entertainment in Dallas, Texas. Shortly thereafter, Charlie and Gary left Ritual to start their own company. Valve subsequently contacted Charlie (and his friend Gary) with an offer "they couldn’t refuse."

Shuzer said:
lol, about: URLs haven't worked in IE for awhile now

It took you far too long to type that, though.
"omg lol wtf you jsut got ownzerd by vavle omg wtf lol"

YOU LOSE! :D

:LOL: bollocks

Kronik said:
Charlie Brown - Software Developer
Charlie earned his reputation within the gaming industry while working for 3Dfx Interactive and, later, Ritual. A Ft. Walton Beach, Florida native, Charlie graduated from the University of Florida in the summer of 1994 and then headed for California and 3Dfx. His responsibilities there included developer support, ports of products to hardware, sample code and simple demos, and ultimately working with 3Dfx Developer Relations managing the engineering game porting effort. After a 2-year stint, Charlie left 3Dfx with college-friend Gary McTaggart to create the Uber(tm) Engine at Ritual Entertainment in Dallas, Texas. Shortly thereafter, Charlie and Gary left Ritual to start their own company. Valve subsequently contacted Charlie (and his friend Gary) with an offer "they couldn’t refuse."

Anyone care to email Charlie Brown about this little find?

Sparta said:
Anyone care to email Charlie Brown about this little find?

Roar. Kronik is a first time poster, and the site is at far too obscure a site.
Unless he's VALVe staff, I don't see where he would've gotten that URL from.

Plus, he links to a random CS demo, which really can't have anything to do with anything (and I refuse to DL and watch it)

pozy said:
guys, i've found something special:

manual entry of gman, look at the numbers.

/F7 SF 0 607.8 M(gman)S
could that mean something :cheese:

dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back