Secret Revealed! You can use the plug in the Jail type MP level!

Assassin X

Reaction score
In the Jail type level use the Plug and the fan will turn on in the room where the fan is and SPLAT!!!! Free kill!

ha ha, not to sound mean, but I played DM for about an hour know and knew that for the last 50 minutes. But I do have to agree with you, it is satisfying waiting for someone to come for the granade launcher and then cutting him into pieces.

thanks for the tip. will have to try it.

i dont like this map :(

It's a very slim chance that you'll get to use it...but when you do it's nice.

Ya...I got killed by that fan. AboutToDie is my name in case anyone wants to humiliate me further.

That plug is not nearly as cool as the room it cleans. In there is a rocket, 357, health and energy. I spent over an hour just shooting rockets out of the vent on a 32 player server and it seemed like nobody even knew I was there. I cleaned house. :D

We were playing teamplay and there were these combine guys staying in the vent and shooting rockets, three of them. I waited untill they had to rearm(each of them would try to get all the extra ammo, but they usually only got one) anyway. Me, being the rebel I am, decide I need some fresh air, so, fan on, splat, splat, splat (about half the server shouting LOLROFLFLFLFELELF at me) and I felt like a hero.

Yeah i found that out after like half an hour, some guy wasted me with it :p

I saw the plug on the floor and didn't bother to plug it in... I figured it worked though.

f|uke said:
That plug is not nearly as cool as the room it cleans. In there is a rocket, 357, health and energy. I spent over an hour just shooting rockets out of the vent on a 32 player server and it seemed like nobody even knew I was there. I cleaned house. :D
Bravo on your gallant, excting and very manly tactics. Hiding. :)

Originally Posted by f|uke
That plug is not nearly as cool as the room it cleans. In there is a rocket, 357, health and energy. I spent over an hour just shooting rockets out of the vent on a 32 player server and it seemed like nobody even knew I was there. I cleaned house.
Hell that sounds fun. Never even found the room :)

about i once drew a picture almost identical to the one u have that is weird

I like what I did with the plug better. I picked it up with the Grav gun and proceeded to shoot and kill another person with it. More an act of desperation than of careful thought. I was holding grenades while being chased and speaking on the phone with my aunt at the same time, so I just hit "g" and proceeded to pull in whatever was closest, which happened to be the plug. When I killed the guy, I was just trying to get rid of the thing so I could grab a more suitable weapon. I did not know that it would actually kill him. After seeing that, my friend and I laughed our asses off. And then I was shot by someone else. Good times. Good times.

f|uke said:

yeah, who says camping and hiding doesn't pay? ;)
actually i haven't been to that room although i know where that switch is for the fan...hmm.. then again i only played a total of an hour never really tried anything seriously :)

Very satisfying to plug it in and seconds later see a suicide message appear. 'Ladies and gentlemen, this was the camper. Let's all make fun of him' ;)

Blocking the fan with the plank of wood and barrels in there is fun, you can basically stay there hogging the items until the wood breaks because it jams the fan.

MarksmanHL2: "Who turned on the freakin' fan?!?"
CrazyHarij: ":D :D :D :D :D"

someone has already mentioned this, so i'll add some more ..

when you first go into the room there is a shovel, a plank of wood and the rocket laucher itself.. all can be used to block the fan just by sliding them into the hole in the middle.

the rocket launcher works the best, unless of course one of your teammates (if team dm) comes in and grabs it, and you both get sucked up, which happened to me when demonstrating. :(

d.

Back