Secret Santa Gifts - What did you get? *all sent*

Thanks Shaker!!

Haven't seen much on Medieval War II, but I'll have to give this a whirl this weekend. :D

Awesome, Just Cause! Totally cant wait to play this. Thanks very much Mellish, and to you Glenn for organizing this.

Holy shit! Shattered Horizon! Thanks Sheepo. :E The game comes with three free gift passes so I am going to give one to Sheepo, one to the person who was my Secret Santa (he hasn't owned up yet so naming no names) and one more to my friend in RL.

This is awesome. :E

Thanks Shaker!!

Haven't seen much on Medieval War II, but I'll have to give this a whirl this weekend. :D

You'll love it. One of my favourite games of the last few years.

Thanks Shaker!!

You're welcome. I'd start off with one of the Kingdoms campaigns first. They are a bit smaller in scale, so you won't be lost in the vastness of medieval Europe. The Crusades campaign is a lot of fun, as is the Teutonic campaign (Danes ftw). The England campaign is quite hard especially when playing as one of the smaller states like the Irish or the Scots, and the American campaign was kinda meh imo.

Going in at the deep end can be fun too of course. The campaign map of M:TW2 vanilla covers about the whole of Europe and the Near East, so it might seem a bit overwhelming at first. Just concentrate on your neighbors when you start and keep an eye on the big movers and shakers as they develop. Also, be sure to unlock all factions since the game restricts you to just 5 or 6 at first:

Unlock all factions

Find this directory:
Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Then find the file descr_strat. Open it with a text editor (Word, or somthing like that). Cut and Paste the 'unlockable' section into the 'playable' section and save the file. Launch the game and you should have every faction available.

You can also unlock the Papal Estates, but not the Mongols, Timurids and The Aztecs.

Remember to make BACKUPS before you are editing the game files!!!!

And if you cba to play the grand strategy part of the game at all, have a go at the custom battles. Like all TW games the battle strategy is really a case of rock - paper - scissors: archers pwn infantry, cavalry pwns archers, spearmen pwn cavalry, infantry pwns spearmen. Position is everything so take some time to set up your army before starting.

Hope you have fun!

ITT people pretending to like the gifts they got.

Haha, I kid.

But it's funny to read some of your reactions and imagine that you don't like your gift at all.

You can try to pretend to be the Grinch but we know that that's really Pesh.

Holy shit! Shattered Horizon! Thanks Sheepo. :E The game comes with three free gift passes so I am going to give one to Sheepo, one to the person who was my Secret Santa (he hasn't owned up yet so naming no names) and one more to my friend in RL.

Shit man, I hope you haven't already sent it. I can't run Shattered Horizons.

Starting up Braid now.

Shattered Horizons?

Borderlands?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

Oh thank you ZT! You are surely the best gift giver ever!

Taviow, cheers for Torchlight - havn't played a good hack and slash for a while, will be a good thing to unwind the over the holidays.

Thanks again Santa Glenn!

Torchlight :D!! I was going to buy this but held off incase i got it in the SS.

Thanks Shamrock!!!

And Hectic Santa!!!

Shit man, I hope you haven't already sent it. I can't run Shattered Horizons.

Starting up Braid now.

I haven't already sent it but thanks for the heads up. I will repay you with some special time later instead. :naughty:

EDIT: Oh lol. I can't run it either. Don't have Vista or 7. But I've been looking for a reason to upgrade for a bit so I still love you for it.

Ho ho ho!

I'd like to thank my secret santa!

He got me World of Goo - a game I'd always considered getting but was never totally convinced enough to make the purchase.

This is just the sort of gift I wanted.

Merry Xmas MorganFreeman911!

No problemo <3
Thanks to Laiv (I think) for King Arthur! It looks fun from the pictures I just looked up (I've never heard of it before)

Thanks for the gifts, KA! Been meaning to check out Monkey Island and Braid, Samorost looks pretty interesting too.

I got Braid. I haven't gotten to play it too much yet, but I really like it so far and I'm absolutely in love with the soundtrack. On another note, I didn't notice who sent it when I accepted (I was just too excited!) so if you want, step forward so I can properly thank you!

I haven't already sent it but thanks for the heads up. I will repay you with some special time later instead. :naughty:

EDIT: Oh lol. I can't run it either. Don't have Vista or 7. But I've been looking for a reason to upgrade for a bit so I still love you for it.

Aw shit man, I seriously considered getting you something else because it has such high requirements, but you said your computer could run almost anything and then this happens:rolling: I hope it works out man, sorry.

Loving Braid.

Thanks Tyguy, now to get a computer that runs it ! ! !

dude, you would have had another one if i didn't click my own link like an idiot :eek:

who was my secret santa, i'd like to please that person physically...(head)

dammit why did I pass on this?? maybe next year or if not round 2??

Let's have a SS for me on me birthday. You guys get me something, and I'll pretend to not know who it's from. You guys are the Santa, and I'm keeping the secret. :)

You guys will have to figure out which person got me what!

Who wants to be signed up to do it?! :D

Let's have a SS for me on me birthday. You guys get me something, and I'll pretend to not know who it's from. You guys are the Santa, and I'm keeping the secret. :)

You guys will have to figure out which person got me what!

Who wants to be signed up to do it?! :D

meeeee

dude, you would have had another one if i didn't click my own link like an idiot :eek:

who was my secret santa, i'd like to please that person physically...(head)

It was me :E I've played a bit of both games and I'm pretty damn jealous that I didn't buy them for myself at the same time. :|

I got Braid. I haven't gotten to play it too much yet, but I really like it so far and I'm absolutely in love with the soundtrack. On another note, I didn't notice who sent it when I accepted (I was just too excited!) so if you want, step forward so I can properly thank you!
hello <3

For my own part I would like to thank simonjedi for ALL THE GTA GAMES EVER (APART FROM GTA IV NATURALLY). I own them all already, but it's not like I use my PS2 anymore, so this is rather good.

Braid!
<3 Drookles

I loved that game. It was necessarily to spread the Christmas love.

Thank you for World of Goo. It was the one game I've just never bought, despite everyone's praise.

And cheers, Glenn, for hosting it. Reading the PM made me feel all warm inside.

It was me :E I've played a bit of both games and I'm pretty damn jealous that I didn't buy them for myself at the same time. :|

both of the games you got me are a stoner's dream

thank you!
stonedsmilie.gif

Woo! Stalker: Clear Sky :D

I'm happy because I was hoping to get some small casual game like Plants Vs. Zombies but I guess this is awesome because ACE actually spent £20 for me :D

Thanks Dude :)

both of the games you got me are a stoner's dream

thank you!
stonedsmilie.gif

Haha. Should make Christmas go quicker :p

spent £20 for me

It really shows how close we are as a community that a lot of people spent more than the minimum price. In fact, just the existence of this whole deal shows how close we are as a community.

<3 all you guise. :x

Woo! Stalker: Clear Sky :D

I'm happy because I was hoping to get some small casual game like Plants Vs. Zombies but I guess this is awesome because ACE actually spent £20 for me :D

Thanks Dude :)

love me more.

I loved that game. It was necessarily to spread the Christmas love.

Ha, I'm having a great time with it. It was one of those games that I kept hearing about but never paid attention to, but now that I haven't I can see why it's highly rated. Unfortunately, some of these puzzles are just too much for my brain, and I'll probably cave and end up watching the solution on youtube.

Oh bugger. Looks like steam didn't want the world knowing I already owned the max payne games on steam.

Ho-hum, obviously my secret santa had good taste.

Looks like I fecked up!

I didn't see your link to your Steam page in the email that Glenn sent me, so went off the list you had written, of non-Steam games you own.

Are you able to run GTA IV? I'd like to get you something else to make up for this! :thumbs:

Next year this should be done DURING the Christmas sales, that way most everyone can participate, giving 2-3 games while only having to spend 5-10 dollars at most :p

Valve did say the sales were going to be not long after xmas, which I thought was silly...considering people want to buy pressies.

So we couldn't really go on that and secondly we wouldn't of had time to buy everything in one day and send it the next before xmas!

We'll see next year. Hopefully the gift thing won't show who sent it (Damn you John!), but we did have a great turn out this year with 30 gifts flying around. Anymore and it would have taken many more hours to organise!

Thanks for the praise guys, it was fun seeing it all come together. Everyone doing this own bit made it work brilliantly. I still have the extra game gifts...but considering the Steam sales have started I'll hold onto them while I buy some extra games to add to the pile. Once the sales finish and I've got a selection I'll start the random draw.

<3 Krynn.

Company of Heroes Gold edition AND Chaos theory.

Both of them were kinda old, so i wanted to make sure I got something you didnt already have, and I figured you might not have remembered to write down some games like Chaos Theory since its several year old now. Hope you enjoy them, I sure did.

Back