Secret Vortigaunt in Water Kanal?

M

mongoose

I have read that you can find a secret vortigaunt in Water Kanal, inside a sewer tunnel. But I have played this level 3 times without finding it. Has anybody else found it? Supposedly the vorigaunt will tell you a lot of things, so maybe he explains more about the Combine.

mongoose said:
I have read that you can find a secret vortigaunt in Water Kanal, inside a sewer tunnel. But I have played this level 3 times without finding it. Has anybody else found it? Supposedly the vorigaunt will tell you a lot of things, so maybe he explains more about the Combine.

When you fight the hunter chopper for the last time (Before you enter Black Mesa East), you have to open that massive door to allow access to the middle island, carry straight on over to the hill/cliff in the far corner.

There shold be two grates, you jump into the one to the left (You might need to plant the mudskipper below the grate to give you better access), then you will have to sprint down the vent because theres some toxic sewage here. There should be a opening to the left hand side. Enter it and there should be your vortigaunt cooking a headcrab on a spit.

I just found it out yesterday, but forgot to take a picture of the opening that I was trying to describe.

Ive seen it i was trying to find where to go next and ended up there. It doesnt do much. But it's a good they put it in there. :)
:cheers:

Route Kanal
or
Water Hazard

not

Water Kanal
or
Route Hazard

Hey I've got a question: When you're in Black Mesa East, you know when Dr. Vance tells you to look around I've found these to make him talk:
1, The portal
2, The family picture
3, "Visiting" Dr.Mossman in the camera room
4, The picture of Dr. Breen

Is there any other way to make him talk? Like can I get him to tell me about what happend to his leg? (Been chewed off by a bullsquid I know but I wanna hear it from him)

TopHunter2016 said:
Hey I've got a question: When you're in Black Mesa East, you know when Dr. Vance tells you to look around I've found these to make him talk:
1, The portal
2, The family picture

Is there any other way to make him talk? Like can I get him to tell me about what happend to his leg? (Been chewed off by a bullsquid I know but I wanna hear it from him)
What does he say about the portal again?
I was sure the Xen rock thingy he wants you to look at would make him say something but I haven't found a way yet. But Alyx will tell you a little sumthin about Ravenholm if you walk to the entrance when she mentions it on the way to the backyard.

TopHunter2016 said:
1, The portal
2, The family picture
5, The cremator head

Where is the pic of Dr. Breen?

ríomhaire said:
5, The cremator head

Where is the pic of Dr. Breen?
I think he means the newspaper clippings, he says something about the cremator's head? Coz I stared at that thing like crazy but he didn't say diddely squat to me!

try hitting it with the crowbar.
"I don't know what that is supposed to do, Alyx brings home the strangest things."

ríomhaire said:
try hitting it with the crowbar.
"I don't know what that is supposed to do, Alyx brings home the strangest things."
I think I did that too. Oh no, maybe I shot at it.
Does that work with the xen crystal?

TopHunter2016 said:
The_Monkey said:
6. Mossman. If you walk into the room where Massman is, talk to her, and then out again.
No. 6 should be stricken from the record.

Well, I guess that most people here know that area. Anyway, going to the Vortigaunt was pretty damn hard. darn toxic waste.

Back