Seen this before?

Dr.breen

Reaction score
You know the bit just after you are given the grav gun and you and alyx are seperated by a falling pile of rocks?

Well I did 'noclip' to see what she was doing the other side of the rocks and I went into the lab and there were 3 dead combine bodies on the floor with an injured vor...vande. alien thing.

Heres a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/elilab.jpg

Why would they put this in if you would never see it?

So that curious people such as yourself would noclip through the rocks and find a neat little surprise waiting for you, of course.

I no clipped back there, it spawns a combine every 10 secounds or so and the aliens kill it. It's for sound effects only.

They didn't do it for a neat surprise. I say to any developer that puts stuff outside the reach of the player "Why are you slowing down my game play with no benifit?".

Good job, Trevor. I was trying to make him feel special, but now he's gonna cry. What do you have to say for yourself?

they did it for the sequence when you see fighting on the monitor.

I ran into something similar near the lighthouse. I hopped down the onto the cliff ledge, but then I heard gunfire from above. I was able to jump back into the lighthouse's basement door and go back up outside ready to kick some ass. Well, what do I see? Random gunfire sounds coming from different spots outside the lighthouse. You could see the gunfire bursts coming from where the sounds originated, but there wasn't anybody out there. Obviously it was designed to be something you hear as you're moving along the cliff, but I'm guessing it triggered sooner than it was supposed to (should have waited until I was somewhere that I couldn't back track from). It was a little odd and took me a minute to figure out why things were like that.

Ah well, it all adds to the atmosphere!

Back