Sell Outs

Heh, I knew a guy who was a big fan of theirs before they made it big. I remember seeing a copy of their album "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" at his place a couple years back. Then I'm Not Okay came out as a single and the album started getting big TV exposure and selling big... like a year after it's release or something >_>

Also, Tool.

They sold their soul to make a record.

Then you bought one.
That's true. I never should have gone to meet Maynard wearing Vans, a Beastie Boys tee, decked out in my nipple rings and brand new Tool tattoo.

Motley Crew, and The Rolling Stones

Two bands that went out of their prime a long time ago

I don't think many of the Seattle bands sold out. Pearl Jam stopped making music videos when their Jeremy video got censored in 1992. Mtv got annoyed since Pearl Jam were massive at the time and they had no videos to show. They didn't make another one until 1998, then 2006.

ah, that explains why I can't find any music videos for pearl jam until the god awful "do the evolution" one.

I think Pearl Jam has sort of gone down the tubes with their last few singles, but I dont think the've ever sold out.

as far as sell-outs: Creed and Micheal Jackson

Which is the Pearl Jam video that's all animated? I liked that one.

Tommy Lee is much better at beating his wives these days than the skins.

Well there's always the whole 'ZOMG Anti-Flag are on a MAJOR LABEL! OH NOES TEH EVILS OF CAPITALISM1!!!' thing, but personally I think they made the right decision. Their new music is so-so.

MJ. Period.
Hah, so very very true. I grew up hearing/seeing post-surgery MJ. It totally warped my fragile young mind when I found a copy of Off The Wall in dad's vinyl collection - with some coloured fellow on the cover! :O

Linkin Park began as a sellout, they were aiming for it all along

^^
Truff.

Linkin Park was always a puddle of lukewarm angst - Just hard enough for the kids to think they have edge, but not to the point wherer mom and dad won't buy the albums. They're backstreet boys with musical instruments, doing away with the flamboyancy so not to look like "fags", but keeping to that well-trimmed, hair-styled, pop-punk visage that is apparently "in" with the youth. Everything about them is so middle of the road and geared towards mass consumption.

Well there's always the whole 'ZOMG Anti-Flag are on a MAJOR LABEL! OH NOES TEH EVILS OF CAPITALISM1!!!' thing, but personally I think they made the right decision. Their new music is so-so.

Agreed. I mean, they have basically the same message with tons more publicity.

^^
Truff.

Linkin Park was always a puddle of lukewarm angst - Just hard enough for the kids to think they have edge, but not to the point wherer mom and dad won't buy the albums. They're backstreet boys with musical instruments, doing away with the flamboyancy so not to look like "fags", but keeping to that well-trimmed, hair-styled, pop-punk visage that is apparently "in" with the youth. Everything about them is so middle of the road and geared towards mass consumption.
The most accurate description ever. :LOL:

You can apply it to 100 other similar bands too.

I agree, I like Anti-Flag's new CD, they're still the same as they were with Fat Wreck Chords. There are a couple songs that I think are a bit weakened (This is the End, One Trillion Dollars... somehow these are the bigger hits though :| ) but the they haven't really changed.

Back