Sept. 30 date starting to seem farfetched

Ive had enough of these damn threads that have anything to do with the release date.

"I think its gonna be delayed!"

"I think its gonna be on time!"

ffs

If the SDK comes out before the end of the month then halflife 2 will most likely be on time

5years God Damnit

I bet they started with low budget and when they got all that money they where like ahh screw it we are rich enough......then they think to themselves all these dedicated people so they buy everything they wanted and get back to work. They probably sent 2 1/2 years on it tops and all the other time was spent on weather or not to make it and what Benz is comming out next

give valve there time... thats what I say... I just hope they work on there site a bit more if its comeing out as soon as they say..

why's the forum down, thats truly bizare

edit: there forum for hl2 is up idk what you where talking about

edit: there amazeing official website!! pwnzer!
http://www.vugames.com/product.do?gamePlatformId=470 .. ha

Originally posted by coolio2man
5years God Damnit

I bet they started with low budget and when they got all that money they where like ahh screw it we are rich enough......then they think to themselves all these dedicated people so they buy everything they wanted and get back to work. They probably sent 2 1/2 years on it tops and all the other time was spent on weather or not to make it and what Benz is comming out next

yes even though the spent all the money they made on the orginal on makeing half-life 2

OR they say that, they made half a billion by my calculations and without barely any advertising!!! Pretty much all profit and with the new VAC bans on CS who can say how much more money they made sense people need to peplace Their CD keys that Valve "accidently" made ban people with certain Mp3 players

This is just one big publicity stunt to get people talking about it without releaseing any new information.

Or they said they had fixed FSAA and havn't and are now in trouble.

believe me when I say there is no way HL2 will be out on sept. 30 . Expect is to be out at least end november, probably december arount x-mas time.

I personally believe game when he says "Sept. 30th". Why? Because that's actually something definitive, as opposed four or five years ago when he would have said "When it's great" about TF 2. Since he hasn't confirmed or denied a delay, but HAS confirmed a release date, it's logical to assume that there is no delay and the "no comments" are merely to stave off rabid fan frenzy. As for the lack of official website, perhaps Valve is trying to under hype their product as opposed to over hyping (after all when you have a community this excited, why bother with a website to sell more of your product?)

It's surprising how many "Experts" on Valve and the Computer Games Industry are apparent.

Special mentions to:

Coolio2man for his blatent lack of any clue whatever. Well done.

Vertetski for his psychic powers.

(A note to mention: It's not enough for a lot of places to be reporting that there's a delay on Half Life 2; these sources have to agree with each other.)

I'd only start worring sometime around Sept the 20th till then, i'd keep my hopes up. Anywho, it'd be great if the game would make on time, so i'd have a new game to play until Doom3 released, so then i'd wait for Stalker. :)

I dunno guys, I want the 9/30 release date as much as the next HL2 fan, but they haven't released ANY info on multiplayer other that it will have a special surprise. So unless they can release all their info about MP in the next few weeks, I doubt 9/30 is gonna happen.

Originally posted by Zeus
I dunno guys, I want the 9/30 release date as much as the next HL2 fan, but they haven't released ANY info on multiplayer other that it will have a special surprise. So unless they can release all their info about MP in the next few weeks, I doubt 9/30 is gonna happen.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that rule that says you aren't allowed to release a game until you tell people what the Multiplayer is going to be like.

Silly me.

On a more serious note, PC Gamer UK says that next months issue (out at the beginning of September) is going to have a preview on Half Life 2. Maybe we can expect another lot of previews around then.

The latest issue of PC ZONE has a small article on the Half-Life 2 delay:

"Strange things have been happening in Gordon Freeman's world - and we're not talking about the G-Man's machinations. Reports from publisher VU Games of a delay to Freeman's latest vehicle, sci-fi first-person shooter Half-Life 2, were soon quashed when the company's PR director Amy Farris was quoted as saying, "Valve is still working towards a September 30 release date."

Meanwhile, Valve itself has consistently denied that Half-Life 2 will slip into the Christmas period, sticking to the date it announced in May after five years of keeping schtum. However, if the game is to be released at the end of September as planned, Valve is leaving promotion of the game very late, only providing movies of Half-Life 2 that were shown at E3 in May, and resolutely refusing to issue preview code, new screenshots or information.

After knocking on Valve's door constantly for several weeks, PC ZONE has been assured we'll have exciting news next month. Stay tuned..."

On the release date page the game has been moved into the November slot.

Originally posted by kleptonin
The latest issue of PC ZONE has a small article on the Half-Life 2 delay:

"Strange things have been happening in Gordon Freeman's world - and we're not talking about the G-Man's machinations. Reports from publisher VU Games of a delay to Freeman's latest vehicle, sci-fi first-person shooter Half-Life 2, were soon quashed when the company's PR director Amy Farris was quoted as saying, "Valve is still working towards a September 30 release date."

Meanwhile, Valve itself has consistently denied that Half-Life 2 will slip into the Christmas period, sticking to the date it announced in May after five years of keeping schtum. However, if the game is to be released at the end of September as planned, Valve is leaving promotion of the game very late, only providing movies of Half-Life 2 that were shown at E3 in May, and resolutely refusing to issue preview code, new screenshots or information.

After knocking on Valve's door constantly for several weeks, PC ZONE has been assured we'll have exciting news next month. Stay tuned..."

On the release date page the game has been moved into the November slot.

That's just reporting everything we already know. It's just presenting it in a magazine.

I do think that things will start happening next month, given that both PC Zone and PC Gamer say they are going to have news.

Oh, well I'm very sorry for offending you, all I said was that they haven't said a thing about HL2 MP, other than that it will have a special surprise.

Originally posted by Zeus
Oh, well I'm very sorry for offending you, all I said was that they haven't said a thing about HL2 MP, other than that it will have a special surprise.

Sorry, I just used it as an excuse for a sarcastic reply, but my point still stands. Just because they haven't mentioned anything about Multiplayer doesn't mean the game will be delayed.

I can't believe you would still buy PC games magazines... what's the point? you can get a thousand times the amount of previews, reviews, screenshots, demos for free on the net.

Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
I can't believe you would still buy PC games magazines... what's the point? you can get a thousand times the amount of previews, reviews, screenshots, demos for free on the net.

I enjoy reading PC Format and PC Gamer. I've been reading them for years, and I'll still enjoy reading them forever.

I find the printed word easiler to read than stuff on my screen, anyway.

whoever thinks this game is coming out 30th sept is in a dreamland.

weve seen nothing new since the e3 demo, yes the steam films but they are nearly all the e3 demo.

it just doesnt FEEL like its about to be released, no tv advert no adverts nothing, no real news, if this game was coming out in 37 days (yes thats all 37 days) then do you really think this is all we would have had.

weve had no exclusive reviews, no sdk yet which is to be released prior to release (so we can assume at least 30 days i would hvae thought) all the suppliers have different dates for the game, magazines etc are all coming up with later dates.

seriously it aint going to happen on the 30th sept the hype machine should have been cranked up by now if it was.

also theres no people sayi8ng theyre beta testing it, no sp or mp demos (though i dont think they were releasing one anyway.

no chance guys absolutely none

*he says secretly hoping hes tempting fate the right way*

mmm but i BLOODY WELL HOPE IT IS.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

YOu guys need to chill out, seriously. I leaning toward Sept 30th since they do things very differently than other game companies, but that doesnt matter: Speculating about the release date isnt going to make anything better; its only going to make it seem like time is going by slower, reguardless of the release date. Find something else besides posting tons of "I found blah easter egg in blah video!" or "the release date is pushed back!!!" or "AA isnt going to work right", etc. Find another game to play till the end of the september. If they dont make the date, play the game a little longer.

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoTPF
YOu guys need to chill out, seriously. I leaning toward Sept 30th since they do things very differently than other game companies, but that doesnt matter: Speculating about the release date isnt going to make anything better; its only going to make it seem like time is going by slower, reguardless of the release date. Find something else besides posting tons of "I found blah easter egg in blah video!" or "the release date is pushed back!!!" or "AA isnt going to work right", etc. Find another game to play till the end of the september. If they dont make the date, play the game a little longer.

Agreed! :cheers:

And besides, if you are still worried about AA when playing the game, simply drink a lot of beer. You don't have to worry about AA when drunk...

As it has been said before. Why would they wait almost 5 years to announce it, and then delay it? Why not wait 6 years....

Originally posted by RabidMeatloaf
And besides, if you are still worried about AA when playing the game, simply drink a lot of beer. You don't have to worry about AA when drunk...

amen to that

Mesa don't care if it delay anyhow. Mesa happy with MP2 while HL2 come yes.

Originally posted by Feath
PC Gamer UK says that next months issue (out at the beginning of September) is going to have a preview on Half Life 2. Maybe we can expect another lot of previews around then.

They have been saying this since the game was announced, that they would have HL2 news in the next issue, and so far they have had the E3 preview and one other preview which had very little info, the only thing i can remember is something about light shinning off of teeth or something like that.

Originally posted by Feath
It's surprising how many "Experts" on Valve and the Computer Games Industry are apparent.

Special mentions to:

Coolio2man for his blatent lack of any clue whatever. Well done.

Vertetski for his psychic powers.

(A note to mention: It's not enough for a lot of places to be reporting that there's a delay on Half Life 2; these sources have to agree with each other.)

Thank you for posting that information that has so much to do with the topic and what its about. All the facts and opinions you give us about the date is amazing and very well put. O wait nevermind you missed all that and just put crap spam....Nice work there to give enough about this topic to say something like that, did u accualty read anything or just pick on us because your lack of self respect?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i think 5 years is enough to make a great game its my opinion. According to the time it takes other games like Hitman and Max payne which are both good titles yet it did not take that long to make. Keep to the topic or keep out:flame:

Thank you for posting that information that has so much to do with the topic and what its about. All the facts and opinions you give us about the date is amazing and very well put. O wait nevermind you missed all that and just put crap spam....Nice work there to give enough about this topic to say something like that, did u accualty read anything or just pick on us because your lack of self respect?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i think 5 years is enough to make a great game its my opinion. According to the time it takes other games like Hitman and Max payne which are both good titles yet it did not take that long to make. Keep to the topic or keep out:flame:

I was actually referring to the fact that some people think they are experts on the Computer Game Industry. I have contributed to about 7 Delay threads. I'm running out of things to say.

I did read things.

I read quotes like "If Valve were serious they'd have finished the game in 2001".
"Valve makes VAC ban certain MP3 Players so they can make more money". And other clueless statements.

If i think 5 years is enough to make a great game its my opinion. According to the time it takes other games like Hitman and Max payne which are both good titles yet it did not take that long to make.

Max took 4 years to make. And Hitman, while a great game, wasn't nearly Half-Life quality.

Originally posted by alb1221
I still say its Sept. 30th and all the media comes out soon and where all happy joes

im thinking in the same direction, and i do think its kinda dumb to say that we still havent got enough media...we have gotten allot more media then with other games..and the MP and TF2 details may still come, theyve still got plenty of time

I wonder if they'll release another G-Man bink video of him announcing the delay and to vote for Arnie.

Back