server and client.dll problem

jan1024188

Reaction score
Hello,

I have chosed to start a new mod form HL2 SDK and I chosed HL2 Sigle player modification.

I have this gameinfo.txt
Code:
"GameInfo"
{
	// This is what shows up in the 'Third Party Games' area of the Steam games list.
	game						"mymod"
//	type 						multiplayer_only
	type 						singleplayer_only

FileSystem
	{
		SteamAppId				220		// This will mount all the GCFs we need (240=CS:S, 220=HL2).
		ToolsAppId				211		// Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

//
		// The code that loads this file automatically does a few things here:
		//
		// 1. For each "Game" search path, it adds a "GameBin" path, in <dir>\bin
		// 2. For each "Game" search path, it adds another "Game" path in front of it with _<langage> at the end.
		//    For example: c:\hl2\cstrike on a french machine would get a c:\hl2\cstrike_french path added to it.
		// 3. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "MOD".
		// 4. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "DEFAULT_WRITE_PATH".
		//

//
		// Search paths are relative to the base directory, which is where hl2.exe is found.
		//
		// |gameinfo_path| points at the directory where gameinfo.txt is.
		// We always want to mount that directory relative to gameinfo.txt, so
		// people can mount stuff in c:\mymod, and the main game resources are in
		// someplace like c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\half-life 2.
		//
		SearchPaths
		{
			Game				|gameinfo_path|.
			Game	                        hl2mp
			Game				hl2
		}
	}
}

Also, this is my run_mod.bat
Code:
@"c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 220 -dev -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\mymod" -allowdebug %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

I have tryed making even simplest mod http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/My_First_Mod#Create_the_MOD_project
by changing RPG speed.

The problem is, after compilation and run the RPG speed is same. Ive checked, and released that the client and server has been updated in mymod/bin.

Any suggestion why I can't get changes ingame from server and client?

Thanks in advance

Oh, I found the problem and I am very very sorry. I had some ilegal resources in my project which were messing up my mod. I removed all the content and now I can go on with modding.

I am very sorry. I will never download shit from torrents again.

Back