several arrests have been made (the leaker)

roxXx

Reaction score
I've just been informed by one of my sources that some people involed in the security community who have been the source of comments made in many main stream print and online zine's (companies name / links witheld for reason). From what I gather, the names of suspects, IP's, and times, have been placed on a whiteboard in the valve offices, and according to one source, "several arrests have been made", though I have heard that at least one has infact been made from several of my co-workers and friends. Now wether this person was just a "helper" in the leak process, ie mirroring etc., or an actual part of the team, (the assumption is its more then just a one man job, actual targeting 2-3 "hackers") is still undetermined.

Now as you know I've been keeping a very close eye on this and I'm still waiting to hear from Value, so this new bit of information is intresting and a ****** exclusive. I'll post more information about this as its leaked.

Co-Workers, who the hell are you and where do you work??

So sick of articles just saying, "my sources". My Magic 8 Ball says I'm god. LOVE ME

It'd be nice if they caught them, though.

****ing idiots are pushing the game back. Hope they get raped in prison.

What community, our community is like a lynch mob, half of us want to hank Valve the other half want to hang the hacker. People never fail to dissappoint me.

Good job, now tell us your source MAN ! People are going to call you a liar as per usual. Basically, where are you quoting this from ?

I sure hope this is true. Wold be nice to be able to read this from another source though so that we can judge the validity.

R

"****ing idiots are pushing the game back. Hope they get raped in prison."

ROFL

i will give any replying mod the source by pm, so he can say to u guys its true.

hard to believe since this is form one source but i hope its true

This guy is going to get raped by two male transvestites!

What is people's obsession on here with prison sodomy?

Some people need to spend a bit more time with their school counsellor.

Originally posted by Stryyder
What community, our community is like a lynch mob, half of us want to hank Valve the other half want to hang the hacker. People never fail to dissappoint me.
Where's the half that doesn't give a shit?

I feel sorry that they won't get weeks of perpetual medeival-style torture. Any punishment they get will be too easy on them.

if they made arrests we will sure see it on the news.. like the wormblaster virus.

This is definitley posted on a popular IRC web site. Hopefully the guy's "sources" aren't lying and know what they're talking about.

Time will tell.

Originally posted by CaptainStupid
This is definitley posted on a popular IRC web site. Hopefully the guy's "sources" aren't lying and know what they're talking about.

Time will tell.

jup.

Originally posted by roxXx
yes, but plz post after thats its true after u read it.

Jesus Christ how could you be so dum dude?

Originally posted by Saltpeter
Where's the half that doesn't give a shit?

maybe my maths aren't as good as yours.. but if half the people want to hang valve and another half want to hang the hacker..

that would leave 4/8ths of the people that don't give a shit rather than half

(rolleyes)

Originally posted by evil.jelly
maybe my maths aren't as good as yours.. but if half the people want to hang valve and another half want to hang the hacker..

(rolleyes)

Actually you're wrong. Both halves want to hang the hacker and only one of these halves wants to hang valve as well.

Silly Goose!

Originally posted by evil.jelly

(rolleyes)
You wouldn't even recognize a joke when it slapped you in the face. Hehe.

Originally posted by Saltpeter
You wouldn't even recognize a joke when it slapped you in the face. Hehe.

if i thought you were being serious i could have accused you of the same thing :cheese:

I don't know about arrests, but I can confirm that Valve did have names of various people (probably people that had been reported) and a timeline on a white board in their offices.

these ****ers who hacked valve should rot in hell! ^__^ muahahahaha

but seriously, i really do hope that they're caught soon...

no matter what you say, someone else will always have a different opinion, and not agree with what you say. "opinions are like a**holes, they all stink but everyone's got one..."

Back