Shephard, I wonder where the g-man put him?

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
Remember how at the end of op4 you were
"reassigned" by the g-man because of your skills in a tram ride very much like the one gordon experienced at the end of half-life
Well whatever happened to him? It doesent seem he was present anyplace in city 17.. maybe he died in the 7 hours war. Or is in another city... hmm. Your thoughts on what happened or what Valve will do with him?

hes in Gmans pocket, gordon has had his time, next up is shepard!

Headwires said:
hes in Gmans pocket, gordon has had his time, next up is shepard!

But now they are saying they want to devlope Alyx's past.. hmm where is the poor dude

I'l bet he was a hero in the 7-hour war and it will be an addon.. but not necisarily because a 7-hour game is mighty short.. but hell it'd still be fun :)

He might appear again... and might not. Remember, Gordon took the GMan's offer of employment, and the GMan said "wisely done Mr. Freeman, I will see you up ahead". Nothing he said to Sheppard indicates that the GMan planned to use him again. He might, though - Sheppard definitely is there, and the GMan certainly would use Sheppard if the GMan considered that to fit his goals. But, we don't really know what his goals are and what his agenda is, so...

Solver said:
He might appear again... and might not. Remember, Gordon took the GMan's offer of employment, and the GMan said "wisely done Mr. Freeman, I will see you up ahead". Nothing he said to Sheppard indicates that the GMan planned to use him again. He might, though - Sheppard definitely is there, and the GMan certainly would use Sheppard if the GMan considered that to fit his goals. But, we don't really know what his goals are and what his agenda is, so...

wot this geezer said, we'll just have to wait an see. hope he comes back tho :]

silverstealth89 said:
i thnk theyll make somehting like Half Life: A combines story

shepard won't work for the combine, that would go against Gmans operation ie Gordon taking out the combine!

Nah, shepard would most likly appear inanother city, or perhaps lead a revolt in the other city like barney did in city17.

asd, why are you even HERE?

edit: change of heart - i was a noob once too. adrian shepard is the main character of Opposing Force, aka op4 or OpFor. it's a half life 1 expansion.

Audiophile said:
asd, why are you even HERE?

edit: change of heart - i was a noob once too. adrian shepard is the main character of Opposing Force, aka op4 or OpFor. it's a half life 1 expansion.
lol, tbh, Half-life1 and Co sux badly thats why i didnt played it :frog: Only the beginning of HL1, before it became boring

asd-hl said:
Only the beginning of HL1, before it became boring

Odd, usually it's the opposite. Unless you meant before Xen.

I was wondering who Shepard was too. I never played OpFor. I did play Blue Shift though since Barney is the pimp. :farmer:

Shepard might be one of the resistance commanders! :naughty:

A seven hour long expansion pack would be just about the right lenght for an exp pack. They should get Gearbox to do it, cos it seems Valve doesnt care or know much about Shepard.

Shepard was the man. I would love for a expansion about him.

opposing force was an awsome game, and i really liked the shephard character as an army guy, and G-man did "put him away" like freeman, i hope valve would release expansion on that guy.

I really enjoyed Opposing Forces, hell I thought the level design was better than that of Half-Life's. I really miss Corporal Adrian Shepard and his squaddies.

No one said the "7 hour war" was just 7 hours.. sure.. it could have been 7 hours until earths forces had surrendered.. mostly.. but there would still be fighting. If shepard was a fighter in the 7 hour war.. and survived.. I presume he might be working to build up resistacne forces to fight the combine, even after the war. Assuming he was in the war, of course..

Adrian is most likely one to fight 7 hour war...He is either a combine now or one of the resistance members, either way he doesn't talk either...So I guess it will be you are Shephard.

You want to know what happened to him? The G-Man took him out of his pocket and put him in the middle of city 17 to kill all the headcrabs and antlions, then the citadel fell on his head. If you look closely you can still see the smudge he left behind... :x

Ahhh, I wish i rembered to take a Screen Shot >_< Somewhere on a newspaper article somewhere says that Sheperd died in 7 hour war as commander in cheif or something

CombineSoldier said:
Ahhh, I wish i rembered to take a Screen Shot >_< Somewhere on a newspaper article somewhere says that Sheperd died in 7 hour war as commander in cheif or something
you serious?

I don't think Valve recognize Sheppard as part of the HL story. Most likely Vivendi forced another HL game out of Valve at the time to cash in on it's popular name. Valve were strapped for resources so they let Gearbox make it.

I have a strong feeling we won't be seeing a continuation of the Shepard story as it was a simply a $$$ making excercise to begin with. Unless Marc Laidlaw did indeed write some chapters about him?

Also, remember Race X? The entire race from op4 that seems to have disappeared from hl2? I think Mr-Fusion is right and the things from Opposing Force were created by Gearbox and aren't really part of the HL story.

Yeah, I'm really sure Valve contracted Gearbox to make OpFor cause they were strapped for resources... :rolleyes:

Blue Shift, however :p

Mr-Fusion said:
I don't think Valve recognize Sheppard as part of the HL story. Most likely Vivendi forced another HL game out of Valve at the time to cash in on it's popular name. Valve were strapped for resources so they let Gearbox make it.

I have a strong feeling we won't be seeing a continuation of the Shepard story as it was a simply a $$$ making excercise to begin with. Unless Marc Laidlaw did indeed write some chapters about him?
I dunno about that...I think Valve is very aware of how much love the majority of the community has for Shepard, and I think, at the very least, that they would let a third party developer continue his story.

too bad tho, Opposing Force was one really Really great expansion.. long and nice experience.. Actually.. when i dig into the memories im not sure wich of the games were better. Oh thoes days :cool:

Jannova said:
A seven hour long expansion pack would be just about the right lenght for an exp pack. They should get Gearbox to do it, cos it seems Valve doesnt care or know much about Shepard.
Yeah, having it in pretty much real-time would be fantastic! I can imagine it'd be an extremely bleak expansion seeing as you know you're fighting a losing battle, but fun nonetheless.

I would love an expansion pack showcasing Shephard and his military background. Imagine it as a military FPS, sexy stuff right there=]

Think about it, Squad control, artillary, the whole 100 yards.

Back