short story ideas?!!

Pathogen

Reaction score
im being forced against my will to write a short story for an english project, its gotta be under 3000 words but i have no ideas. Halflife 2 community! I besesch you! come up with crazy/retarded ideas i can write for my short story. ill post it on here tonight when its done, should be humorous cause i dont respect my teacher and write whatever i feel like

Do it Quentin Tarentino style -- take a typical, cliched story, and jazz it up with cool characters so it's entertaining. Just write what you feel is best really.

the jazzing up of the story isnt a problem, i just need a jumping off point. anyone have ideas for a cool time period, setting or plot?

Theres this hill, yeah.... middle of nowhere, but theres a well at the top (don't know why, exactly).

Anyway. theres these two people. ones called jack, ones called jill....

Now i've started you off, I'll let you do the rest.

omg, i wrote a star trek parody thing in my first year of high school. it was based off of one of the first few, trouble with tribbles or something like that. wish i still had it :(

how about people just say random words and ill use my hyper active imagination to fuse them togeather?

Pathogen said:
how about people just say random words and ill use my hyper active imagination to fuse them togeather?

Angery, Badger, Hunger, Pain , Food.

First words that came to mind, dont think that will help much though.

A spoon chicken wears two big hats to hunt bears. After a few steps, the ceilling collapses on the knieve's edge. To conclude, lets go eat in the west.

hmm, i thoughts starting to brew.. anybody have suggestions for a theme?

How about you write a story about an 18 year old guy who joins this group devoted to something really big. Its about his struggle against the powers that be, his one man war against evil and his rise to a place of power known as "Moderator"(With the bold letters). His fight for survival against the tyranny that is the multispam....He can have a really cool name like. Sparrow man, or Le Farrow.

creative writing is the best kind of paper if you have to do any kind :p

make it about this community, in a dramatic, real life way :p

reenact a few threads, I'd love to read that.

time: present
place: small town
A black high schooler is given an assignment to write some story about the town's past. He must write 3000 words on something memorable in the town's history. Many students want to write about the earthquake of '35 or scandal that rocked the town when the mayor and other town leaders were discovered to be skimming funds that were meant to go to renovating the town hall (which had been devastated in the aforementioned quake 30 years earlier). This boy chooses instead to write about the first black family in the town and the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of a black high schooler in 1955. The boy had recently come into possession of his grandmother's diary and she had mentioned this boy in her diary. In her diary she laments his death, blaming it on her revealing to him her "secret". The boy is friends with a local retarded man about the age of his deceased grandmother and has talks with him about his youth. Between bits of weirdness the boy ascertains the retard witnessed the black youth's murder/heard about the death from someone involved in it. He decides to write about the story and researches the town records. He visits relatives of the dead youth and finds that the black youth had problems with the desegregation of the hs, particularly from one family who had "sway" in the community. The black youth's family was the only black family who had moved to this small town since the father had lost his job elsewhere. The black family is pressured to leave, but the father had refused. The black youth is murdered and the family leaves. The boy writing the research article suspects the son of the influential family as the murderer. This suspected killer in the wealthy family is the father of the current mayor(they still have influence in the town). The newspaper article in the records indicates that the youth died mysteriously, found at a local pond. Through his conversations the boy realizes the son the of the wealthy family loved to hang out near this pond and the black youth would never go there (he was scared of water). He finishes the paper with his assumptions as to the murderer. The teacher is impressed and shocked (she had grown up with the current mayor as kids and regularly saw the mayor's father(suspected murderer). She gives the paper to the boy's suspect. The suspect calls in the boy, who wants to go to the authorities with his info. The suspect asks him if he wants to turn in his grandfather. Apparently his grandfather had gotten his grandmother pregnant. His grandmother confided to her black friend what to do. Her friend wanted her to tell the parents of the suspect, who now wanted nothing to do with her. The suspect then kills her black friend in an "accident" and pressures her to get an abortion(He can't marry her; he must marry in his own society). She refuses and has the baby on her own, publicly blaming another boy who had left town earlier when his father took a new commission with the air force. He telsl her that he will kill her if she EVER tells anyone. She complies.

kinda dumb, but i just thought it up on the spot. it's probably stolen from everything.

Back