should a geforce 3 be playable for half life 2

>a geforce 3 will eat up any gf 4 mx or fx 5200 thats for sure

true. I gots no idea why they spent the time and effort to put those out.

i imagine halflife 2 will be more stressful than ut 2k3 im assuming?

Originally posted by Wilson502
i imagine halflife 2 will be more stressful than ut 2k3 im assuming?

define stressful...stressful as in on your system...or in terms of gameplay? I'm gonna say both, but you say what you mean anyhow.

Originally posted by crumbles
>a geforce 3 will eat up any gf 4 mx or fx 5200 thats for sure

true. I gots no idea why they spent the time and effort to put those out.

because the MX version is confusing to consumers...they think they're getting a gf4 but they're really getting something much much worse...and they can sell these crappy video cards to stupid people who think they're getting something awesome when they're really buying something that isn't worth it's weight in dog shit.

that aside, http://www.pricewatch.com/ lists a 9800 pro for $295 as the cheapest one.

obviously that's not always the best online retailer to buy from...as they probably have some gimmick reason they have such a low price...but either way...when one place has em for less than $300...others won't be far away.

if you're really gonna buy one as soon as they're sub-$300...you won't have to wait long

yes i meant by im assuming halflife 2 will be more stressful on my system than ut 2k3 is

believe it or not i actually had a dream i like went to a store, cant remember, i think it was radioshack... go figure, anyway i rememer taking it off the shelf, buying it, then i remember like playing it but i was actually in the game, weird...

Yes! In Gabe we trust and God blast...ehm...BLESS America

Originally posted by Wilson502
believe it or not i actually had a dream i like went to a store, cant remember, i think it was radioshack... go figure, anyway i rememer taking it off the shelf, buying it, then i remember like playing it but i was actually in the game, weird...

Seek help :)

Man, theres so many cool games coming out soon though. We got Halo for PC soon, and Max Payne 2, which will be fun, and err Stalker and that other one, and Doom 3. Halflife 2 is undoubtedly the one I look forward to the most but man... its a good time to be a gamer :D

thx for the info aknot

i might survive with my Geforce 3 :cheers:

My CPU is probably not good enough ... 1.5 GHz Athlon

Originally posted by falk
thx for the info aknot

i might survive with my Geforce 3 :cheers:

My CPU is probably not good enough ... 1.5 GHz Athlon

Depending on your Mobo you may want to drop 50/75 on a new chip. $70 will get you a 2800 Ath.

A Geforce 3 will work fine. You'll have to settle for reduced image quality but it should give you playable framerates.

Thanks again aknot.
I can upgrade to max AthlonXP 2600+(.13u) 266 FSB. I think ill try the game before i make any decisions though.

Why you lot are worrying I dont know. Iahve an Athlon 850Mhz, 128mb SDRAM, Geforce2mx400 32mb and XP Pro. Im still buying it.

Originally posted by PainLord
Why you lot are worrying I dont know. Iahve an Athlon 850Mhz, 128mb SDRAM, Geforce2mx400 32mb and XP Pro. Im still buying it.

really....i dont understand why people think they need super-computers to run HL2......

Back