Should postcounts be hidden?

What Should be done about post counts?

• Keep them they way they are... I want to see them!

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Nobody should see them... they're worthless!

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Privately visible only - can be viewed in user CP for example

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
There arent even post counts too hide..they're all senior, member, I liek to post, I left my other topic in my post or whatever.

Keep them they way they are... I want to see them!

I always liked seeing my post count. No i dont spam. I just like post counts thats all.

It took me a while to get to my number... without spamming. I say take 'em out. Join dates show who the true HL2.net "fanatics" are!

no post counts. replace them with reputation or something.

DreamThrall said:
I think it would be interesting to know how the HL2.net community feels about this

No, but I think your post count should be.

gh0st said:
no post counts. replace them with reputation or something.

For a site this size and knowing some bits of the community keeping a rep system fair and unbiased is frankly more work than I expect the other mods and staff and myself are willing to put in.

As for the fiasco ? Oh please numpty boasted got basted it's happened before and will happen again. We've tried removing post counts and it was a pretty major hike in spam and nonsenical posts which would have ended up with a large section of the community getting banned, trussed and sold to spam eaters the world over. Poke Munro to let us get really nasty with spammer then we'll talk again.......

theres always going to be spam on message boards and always going to be idiots that throw in useless threads and posts...Cant do anything about it really.

Keep the count I say

Reset my post count already, I've sent a PM and made a thread, what else do I need to do? I'm not using the cucumber again.

keep the post count...it makes us net whores feel cool :cool:

bliink said:
I saw one forum that gave everyone RPG style stats instead... something like this:

HP: (post count)
MP: (Posts per day)
XP: (time spent at forum)

All three were represented in bars based on forum's stats; eg, highest poster's HP bar would be full, people with 1 post would be empty (almost). No numerical representation.

It was cute.

No, I remember better now, HP was a warning level. 0 warnings = full hp, 10 warnings = 0 hp.

XP was the post count and MP was the post per day ( I THINK) still dont remember too well lol

Too bad we can't do that, we'd have to use HEV suit numbers and it would just look strange :(

People liked it when user titles were Futurama quotes... what'dya say, we ditch all the HL2 stuff and rename the site Futurama.net, then we can be as creative as we want!

Or Creative.net.

Pity we never got the 'headcrab, zombie, soldier, strider, gman' or whatever sorted out.

Every single forum without post coutn that I've seen lacks a sense of community.

There's no point in having RPG statistic bars, because they're just a different way of displaying the postcount.

Back