Should the G-Man be killable?

Originally posted by crabcakes66
There are a shitload of scripted scenes...what are you talking about......

Posted by A2597
not as much as you think.
if by scripted you mean "Say this" then yes,
if you mean scripted as "Move here, set down this, goto waypoint b, say this, break this" then no.

:bounce:

Anyway, if gman really is who we think he is then im sure gordon would try to revolt and kill him, or get away from him. If someone made you their personall slave im sure you would try to destroy them.

btw, i must have missed a thread, who is Dog???

No he shoudlnt, what a silly question, if you want to kill random people jsut for the fun of it buy Postal 2.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic

Anyway, if gman really is who we think he is then im sure gordon would try to revolt and kill him, or get away from him. If someone made you their personall slave im sure you would try to destroy them.

btw, i must have missed a thread, who is Dog???

GMan is not the be all and end all of the world powers involvment with Gorden, he is the middle man and so should not be killed at all.

There will be a part when you think the g-man dies. eg a building collapses around him as you betray him and narrowly escape... however later on you will find out "that hes the one behind all those attempts to kill you, or sinister plots", etc... :D and then .. well, i dont know what happens then. :( that or something really really twisted like hes an alien, but a good guy, like a double agent :) or a new species, triple agent, keke

theres no way thats not going in

Im choking on my rage here.

THE GMAN IS NOT SOME 2BIT COOKIE CUTTER SUPER VILLAN TYPE!

The things you people are describing are quite honestly dumb, very dumb, GW Bush dumb!

GMAN is not a villan, sure he keeps secrets but its neccesary.

The people that are predicting these stupid things need to take a long hard look at what they are saying and then ask themselves if they actually know what it is that made HL different.

Btw, DOG is the name of Alyx's robot. We've never seen it and it could look just like any other robot. (Gabe said that Alyx just found it amusing to name her robot dog, don't remember where though)
Anyway, if you try to shoot G-man he will shoot back! With this!
http://www.hkpro.com/mp5k.htm the version at the bottom, the "briefcase gun":cheese:
Would be really funny, considering Valve has a thing for H&K weapons:cheese:

hmm last time i used no-clip the g-man had a picture of himself or some sort of document in his briefcase, not a gun

Just for the record people, the first time you see the gman isnt when hes on the balcony. You see him right at the beginning in another transit car. Look left at a point and there will be a halted car with a scientist and the gman in it.

Originally posted by Dsty2001
Wouldn't it be wierd of at the end of the game Gordon walked into a room and watched as the G-Man was having sex with Alyx doggy style? All of a sudden Alyx turns into a Alien, the Gman laughs and turns into one to, and you have to battle both of them.......hmm
This would be Half Life: The Acid Mod, would it? And after you kill them extreme paranoid schizophrenia sets in... Hmmm, that'd be difficult to simulate.
On-topic though, the G-Man shouldn't be killable (is that even a word?) and even if Gordon switches sides during the game (and he will), he'll end up as the G-Man's lapdog at the end whether he wants to or not. If you get to kill him, it'll be in the last one.
Maybe he'll be in some big f*ck-off robot suit a la Sigourney Weaver in Aliens as the final HL3 boss. Maybe not, eh?

We don't KNOW that that's DOG but actually I'm with you on that one. Looks rather intimidating.
Good Thing.

at the end of hl1, doesnt any1 remember nilithiala or whatever the last boss is say "he'll decieve u" "he's not as he appears" and i think there was 1 more but i forgot. VALVe planned ahead, they knew that even if hl1 had bad sales, they would make 2 and 3, so it's not unlikely that they planned ahead and put this little easter egg in hl1. and at the end of hl3, after everything, u should have gman corner andf he'll say. "no, misster freman. can't we reconssider this busssiness deal?" then u whip out your magnum and lay one right betwenn his eyes. that would so rock if he cause the events of black mesa which he probably did. i bet $10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 that the g-man was the mysterious "administrator" that pushed the machines to critical which opened the hole to Xen.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Oh, yes we've have:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=49217

Uhh..Amy from Red Planet? Wow Anyway how can G-Man die with a mug like this?

smallg.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Probably... Certainly the impression I got.

Originally posted by thehunter1320
at the end of hl1, doesnt any1 remember nilithiala or whatever the last boss is say "he'll decieve u" "he's not as he appears" and i think there was 1 more but i forgot. VALVe planned ahead, they knew that even if hl1 had bad sales, they would make 2 and 3, so it's not unlikely that they planned ahead and put this little easter egg in hl1. and at the end of hl3, after everything, u should have gman corner andf he'll say. "no, misster freman. can't we reconssider this busssiness deal?" then u whip out your magnum and lay one right betwenn his eyes. that would so rock if he cause the events of black mesa which he probably did. i bet $10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 that the g-man was the mysterious "administrator" that pushed the machines to critical which opened the hole to Xen.

Or he was the one who supplied the pure ample.

Originally posted by Northwood83
Anyway how can G-Man die with a mug like this?

smallg.jpg
That's quite possibly the most disturbing thing I've seen this week. Well done.
<Cowers>

I sooo hope the G-man is in the whole game of hl2, i mean u see him walking by again and u can never get to him, of or u JUST miss him. this is wat makes the G-MAN so famous in the HL world!

Back