Should the Riot Shield be bought to Source?

Shield?

• Yes, the ballistic shield should be brought into CSS

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • No, the ballistic shield should be kept out of CSS

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
I think that shields would be a very very nice addition, but should be rather expensive, penetration should be calculated, and also they should be realistically allowed to be shot around, through, and pushed to the side. Also, i think certain bugs should be worked with involving hitboxes and such before it would be introduced, but it would be a nice option to mix up stale gameplay

I still say some maps should have "special" weapons that fit in with the maps design..not just throw an RPG in on de_tides or something equally stupid..

why does everyone always assume the extreme,"why not just put a nuke in and RUIN the game some more?!" stance with new ideas for CS?

on a big empty map do you really want to use a shotty? no,an AWP would be more appropriate..and on a close quarters(hallways,etc.) style map,shotty is better than sniper..

maybe that wasn't a perfect example but hopefully you get the idea..all I am saying is it might be interesting to have map specific weapons..as extras in the buy menu of course,because the crying would never end if a "classic" gun was removed...

They need the shield in there because CS:S is a DIRECT CONVERSION of CS. Everything in CS should be brought over. If a server doesn't like it, they can ban it. I want to be able to make my own private server and use it ffs.

sure it could be gay, but deep down, i'd like it. There is almost nothing more satisfying than buying a shield and popping a cap with the five seven. But it should be more balanced, i don't know how they'd do this. but it would be better

I say; put it in, but disable it by default.. that way, an admin needs to enable it via console if they want it, but in most servers, it will be off.

Limit the shield to being used with pistols? I mean a pistol takes 1 hand, just about every other gun (TMP maybe not?) takes 2 hands.

I think it'd be something nice to have for a server option. Don't play if you don't want to. I think the option of choosing to have it or not would work itself out as to whether it's something people want or not.

Illswyn said:
Limit the shield to being used with pistols? I mean a pistol takes 1 hand, just about every other gun (TMP maybe not?) takes 2 hands.

I think it'd be something nice to have for a server option. Don't play if you don't want to. I think the option of choosing to have it or not would work itself out as to whether it's something people want or not.

its already limited to pistols only......
id agree with bliink, add it, but by default have it off

well Valve is prolly not going to bring the shield back (unless there is no god) because it had WAYYYY to many glitches that would probably be prevalent in Source like it was in 1.6. For those who DO NOT know why the shield was removed by Valve for glitch reasons it was because you could make the shield invisible, carry more than one primary weapon and secondary weapon, good ol shoot through the shield (for the shield weilder mind you). Yeah good concept but it sucked in the end, like many of the HL2 beta maps

dekstar said:
Besides, if you had a shield out, and someone shot at you, in real life, you wouldn't slow down.
Where the hell did you pull this from?

Although shields are fun to use. All the servers will ban it anyway.

The shield is a pretty good idea. I like it for italy, its so hard to assault the hostage house when all the little n00bs are using autosnipes. I think they should add it, just have it as optional for the admin.

IMO the shield should only be strategically used in clan matches, where say 2 players baught shields and the rest of the team stood behind them getting cover, and could pop out and shoot. i also feel that if you buy a shield you cant carry any weapons, this would take out the problem with the shield in public servers where some dickhead buys shiled hides in corener noone can touch him occasionally pulls out gun then shoots the other guy then shields again. I reckon bring it back but you can only hold shield not gun, this would add alot mroe strategy to clan matches IMO.

IMO the shield should only be strategically used in clan matches, where say 2 players baught shields and the rest of the team stood behind them getting cover, and could pop out and shoot. i also feel that if you buy a shield you cant carry any weapons, this would take out the problem with the shield in public servers where some dickhead buys shiled hides in corener noone can touch him occasionally pulls out gun then shoots the other guy then shields again. I reckon bring it back but you can only hold shield not gun, this would add alot mroe strategy to clan matches IMO.
BTW just to let you know there is a reason CAL banned the shield from use in all leagues. The shield was not used in most clan matches and was eliminated when CAL banned this terrible weapon. So there would be no added shields in clan matches cause very few clans would allow them, due to CAL rules

So what was the reason?

I really don't care what CAL does. They don't use low grav or knives only in their matches, but I have a hella lotta fun with it once in a while.

I'm surprised, the majority voted for bringing the shield back. WTH?

the reason is all the glitches that i stated above, which im not going to repeat cause you can read it yourself.

Uni-Ball said:
the reason is all the glitches that i stated above, which im not going to repeat cause you can read it yourself.
if valve put their minds at it, they can eliminate the glitches.
games always come out with them, and the company fix them. thats what patches are.

No way,CS:S is good as it is,the only thing that is missing is guns.
A sheild just doesen't fit with source.

I thought it was great, plus it is used by Real CT's and police

bring it back, I would love to see it in source, with riccochet sounds

put it in and give the t's something too. like a flashlight that when shined towards other players blinds em a little :E!!... no?

Back