Should Valve leave Vivendi Universal?

Should Valve leave Vivendi Universal?

• Yes, leave those bloodsuckers!

Votes: 113 85.0%
  • No, they're nice to them & always serve free beer!

Votes: 20 15.0%

• Total voters
Actually it should be : CAN Valve get away from Vivendi Universal without being sued for breaking their agreement ?

Valve already left VU. After their agreement with VU is complete. Valve are contracted to Activision (who they published DoD with)

Do you have a link for me? not that i doubt you, but it's something i have not read. lol.

activision are a good company, normally reach release dates, did a good job with rome:tw and CoD:UA

Is VALVe contractually obligated to publish HL3 with VUg?

Yes, I believe that Valve has a contract to make one more game with Vivendi.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Valve already left VU. After their agreement with VU is complete. Valve are contracted to Activision (who they published DoD with)

Atleast it's not EA... But still... Meh, I wish valve were rich enough to publish their own games :E

the one more game will be tf2 probably - unless they do something sneaky like an expansion pack

They should partner up with activision, who published day of defeat 1.0.

Pi Mu Rho said:

Not true. :)
They still have to make one game for VUG (well have to, VUG has the publishing rights for one more game) and Doug said they intend to do that. So I guess they could publish TF2 with Activision if they wanted, but the still owe VUG one.

I hope they don't bail out and make a shit game to spite VU. But that wouldn't be the valve spirit now would it.

Yes, leave those bloodsuckers!

There was already a poll like this btw

If they leave VUg now we wont see HL2 in a looong time.

I would go with Activision. They can be trusted. And Activision publishes the Tony Hawk games. Right? They got T.H.U.G. out on time. Which I am still playing right now. And of course I mean VALVe needs to leave VU after one more game when HL2 is released.

Publishers are neccisary for small companies. Valve is just lucky they had a hit title. Without VUG & Sierra Valve would not be where they are today.

It's a lil harsh to shuck them like old skin and act all hoity toity because they are SOOOOO gooood. Each company is in it for the money.

Pi Mu Rho said:

BINGO!!!!!! Activision = #1

Arent they already doing that? After HL2 anyways. This thread is stupid.

InFeRnO said:
Arent they already doing that? After HL2 anyways. This thread is stupid.
Do you just go around threads saying it is stupid? :dozey:

If i were valve the 1 more game would be !!!!!
Smack Vivendi :).
Where its like smack the mole but you have to hit vivendi signs :). Then thats one more game wether vivendi likes it or not :)

Back