should valve produce some new titles ??

Reaction score
hl2 is great, i have been waiting for it since the first time i saw it. well, of course i want it so much. recently i heard of css and news saying valve is going to port everything(tf,dod,etc) from hl1 engine to source. I think it will be great to play those games with better graphics and physics abilities, but all those titles are just old games, I really want to play something new. see, there's a drastic difference in the gameplay between ut2004 and ut2003 which make the new ut title 10 time funner. Ut2004 is basically something new for the ut title. i saw css video, it looks definitly awesome, the water and barrels...but the core gameplay remains old. i still play cs, but i get bored of it very fast. Do u guys think valve should produce some new titles with different gameplay ? I would like to see a professionally made game which is the mixture of dod and battlefield. and i'm ready to pay for it.

Yeah but those are, of course, implicitly HL related.
Personally I don't think it matters for now. Something to consider when they finish the trilogy, eh?

They are going to make new games...

They are just porting the extremely sucessful mods over to HL2 becuase everyone knows they are going to be great to play on the new engine.

valve is going to port port port, i mean they'll probably port halflife1 to halflife3, halflife2 to halflife3. and maybe even halflife3 to halflife1 just for good measure.

i will probably give vampire masquerade a try, cuz i think that's some new element in the gameplay. I look forward to see natural selection 2 built with source engine, that's a great mod and very professionally made. i see it has the potential to beat doom3 in term of scary factors. they will probably get great lighting and shadowing effects in ns2 to enhance the atmosphere.

Neutrino said:
Why of course. I often enjoy yelling around the house while wearing industrial ear muffs. Hobby of mine.

sorry, no offense, i feel like to throw a headcrab in ur face

I'm just hoping there's something coming out on the at the same time as HL2 other than boring-ass CS:S. Even DM with HL2 weapons and characters and a few vehicles, I don't care. I can't be that hard, can it? Anything but graphics updates for games I've already played way too much for my own good.

Uh, Vampire isn't being made by valve... just using the same engine.

They are making HL3 fairly soon they said: already started planning it. Unlike the Doom3 guys, their games are pretty different each time, so it should keep things fresh.

poseyjmac said:
valve is going to port port port, i mean they'll probably port halflife1 to halflife3, halflife2 to halflife3. and maybe even halflife3 to halflife1 just for good measure.

it will eventually turn into a veritable half life forever serie

Don't you have to buy the mods being ported to Source seperately?

I think Valve should make something completely different, like an RTS or a 3rd person rpg, a bit like vampire: bloodlines. I think they'd do an awesom job at making a cool RTS game.

That would be cool indeed.

I emailed them about it awhile ago, and they said coding an RTS (with AI) would actually be pretty simple. I wouldn't be surprised to see some MODS do it.

Newbie's Journey said:
what's rts ??

by the way i want to see game like Ninja Gaiden made with source engine

RTS is Real Time Strategy. Examples would be Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Warcraft, etc.

I think just about any game ported correctly over to source would make it better.

If valve started making different games, then they'd put less focus on HL2 and expansions. That would make me sad. :)
frankly, the way they've done it so far is a-ok with me.

Back