Show VU How Much Money They`d Make On HL2 Right Now

E

Eateroffear

For anyone and everyone that wants to buy this game off VU retail just sign this post to show how many people want to buy Half Life 2 right now. More so, show VU how much money they`d make right now while the hype is still high.

i dont think vu is going to come and look at thsi post, but they arent making any money from me cause i already obught off steam!!!

-merc

Sorry, no way. Not when I can get a physical copy of HL2 when it comes out for the same price or cheaper.

Plus, you think they would discount the price some because you are preordering...

If one post can`t make a difference how can one vote make a difference? I`m not one of those make everything count people they stick all over the place to encourage kids to vote but think of it like this. If this thread gets big enough all it takes is one person from VU to realize that maybe waiting isn`t the best idea for making more money.

Also, if VU released sooner then not only would they benefit from sales off the hype on the initial release then, when the holidays come around there sales would even go up even more. It just makes sense releasing it sooner is the best choice not only for VU but for everyone.

blahblahblah said:
Sorry, no way. Not when I can get a physical copy of HL2 when it comes out for the same price or cheaper.

Plus, you think they would discount the price some because you are preordering...
Why would it be discounted because of preordering? Generally you pay a fee to reserve a game in the store.

What, you don't want to play Counter-Strike: Source? It isn't exactly the same pace as 1.6. Feels like a new game to me. :)

And DoD:Source, HL:Source and the rest of Valves previous games for 10$ more? Common buddy, you know you want to. ;)

Just reinstalled my system and getting steam +games back on it was easy and pie. I was up and playing CSS after downloading and installing Steam (600KB), copying the cache files over, and a 30 second steam update.
How often did you spend too long installing HL and it's mods from CD and then a good number of patches?

5,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollars.......on the first day :bounce:

Blackfable said:
5,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollars.......on the first day :bounce:
That or around $20,000,000. Whichever one sounds more reasonable to everyone here.

Asus said:
Why would it be discounted because of preordering? Generally you pay a fee to reserve a game in the store.

What, you don't want to play Counter-Strike: Source? It isn't exactly the same pace as 1.6. Feels like a new game to me. :)

And DoD:Source, HL:Source and the rest of Valves previous games for 10$ more? Common buddy, you know you want to. ;)

Just reinstalled my system and getting steam +games back on it was easy and pie. I was up and playing CSS after downloading and installing Steam (600KB), copying the cache files over, and a 30 second steam update.
How often did you spend too long installing HL and it's mods from CD and then a good number of patches?

Time Value of Money. ;) Why pre-order HL2 right now for $50 when I can use that $50 on something else right now? Anyways, I don't pre-order games.

As much as CS:S has changed, I'm just not interested in it. I'm buying HL2 for HL2, not CS:S. :)

As for DOD:S and HL:S that is tempting for $10. I'll probably buy them seperate when they come out. They don't even have an anticipated release date for them. I have problems with that. ;)

Like I say, I'm buying what is cheaper to me. Not the best option to Valve or Vivendi.

:cheers:

I am goin to buy it from shop,

SIGNED BY ME-

Fizznix said:
They did lower the price, there was no tax.

I live in Arizona. The limelight servers are in Arizona. Since Valve has assets in the state of Arizona, that means I am subjected to sales tax. ;)

blahblahblah said:
I live in Arizona. The limelight servers are in Arizona. Since Valve has assets in the state of Arizona, that means I am subjected to sales tax. ;)

I live in Illinois... so I am not.
:E

Vivendi doesn't give a flying F about the HL2 fans

This thread won't do a thing to get the game out any faster.

I will buy retail version since I hate steam and I also hate steam. Oh and, I hate steam too. (Did I mention that I hate steam?)

blahblahblah said:

Stores never discount the price because of a preorder... what are you talking about? The best you get is a guarantee that you'll get your copy on the release date and maybe a prize like a coupon, action figure, or t-shirt.

I dunno man, since Valve added the Collector's Box to the Gold package, buying over Steam is a pretty good deal. And if you're not ready to spring $90 for a game, get Silver in the meantime (not only is the game guaranteed, you can download it in mintues and save the trip to the store). Plus, you'd have CS:S today, and it's well worth the purchase over Steam.

-UnmarkedOne

I'm forced to buy it through VUG.
I can't use Credit for buying through steam, and i preffer to have its CD

blahblahblah said:

what part of arizona do you live in? im in east Mesa.

I wouldn't buy retail/bronze because it's a total rip-off :) Haven't bought it (Gold) yet but I will. From Steam. Even if it's released today in stores. Unless Gold is released in stores.

Dalamari said:
Vivendi doesn't give a flying F about the HL2 fans

Maybe, but it can`t be disregarded that they love money which is what the fans represent. If they want that money they have to listen to the fans otherwise they`ll lose that much more money.

UnmarkedOne said:
Stores never discount the price because of a preorder... what are you talking about? The best you get is a guarantee that you'll get your copy on the release date and maybe a prize like a coupon, action figure, or t-shirt.

I dunno man, since Valve added the Collector's Box to the Gold package, buying over Steam is a pretty good deal. And if you're not ready to spring $90 for a game, get Silver in the meantime (not only is the game guaranteed, you can download it in mintues and save the trip to the store). Plus, you'd have CS:S today, and it's well worth the purchase over Steam.

-UnmarkedOne

The day I pre-order a game is the day I light a twenty dollar bill on fire.

There are several retailers that take $10 off the price of games where I live during the first couple weeks of release. Now tell me, what would you rather have - a copy of HL2 or a copy of HL2 and $10?

The problem I have is no release date is established for HL2, HL:S, or DOD:S. I'm sorry, I'm not paying an extra $10 to wait 1 year to get HL:S and DOD:S. I could be doing better things with that $10.

As it stands right now, the release date for HL2 is up in the air. People have been saying since last year that HL2 will be released on this date or that date. Well, it hasn't been released yet. I'm not blaming Valve, but I will not give my money towards something that doesn't have a definitive release date. It's a matter of common sense to me.

Not to mention the high prices of HL2 on Steam is something that irks me as well. That is a discussion for a later time. ;)

DirtyApe said:
what part of arizona do you live in? im in east Mesa.

West Side. :D (alright Peoria to be exact :p)

VU isnt stupid

They must know the longer they wait, the more people will say "I want to bu retail, but If I buy steam I can play CS:S NOW!"

If it went gold soon they would lose fewer people
If they wait all their customers will trickle into steam

What a dumb thread. This one is probably the stupidest one I've seen produced by this forum today.

InFeRnO said:
What a dumb thread. This one is probably the stupidest one I've seen produced by this forum today.

lol, whatever. It doesn`t hurt to try.

Already bought it, from Steam. That shows them how much money they are losing...

Until it is announced gold, HL2 is either being tested or fixed.

There is no valid reason to want to interrupt this process (especially when you consider all the people complaining about how CSS final still feels like a beta).

VUg does have the right to sit on it after it goes gold. But before that point, they are not stalling the process.

Back