Sierra Tech Support?

I

Ivan_B

Sierra Tech Support?

720475-4AD80002.jpg

Where did you find that? That's the installation bow for HL2!

Eh? WTF? I thought Sierra was but a brand these days?

Either thats not the real autostart window, someone at Valve messed up bad or there still is something called Sierra Technical Support. :rolling:

Its the window to install hl2. but its unplayable because steam is not activated yet.

^^^^
Hey Ivan, its Dark_angel from 3drealms Forums! :p

I guess B in Ivan_B stands for Broussard :p

Irs2k3 said:
^^^^
Hey Ivan, its Dark_angel from 3drealms Forums! :p

I guess B in Ivan_B stands for Broussard :p

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and tell them it's real. :rolleyes:

Then there's only two choices left. Where does that button take you?

Sierra still exists, it's just part of VUG.

This seems a lot more like a "Look, I have Half-Life 2 thread" than a "I have a question thread.

Pauly said:
Its the window to install hl2. but its unplayable because steam is not activated yet.
Sorry to sound rude, but no shit. :E

Probably just a method for Vivendi to cut as many ties from Half-Life 2 back to their name as possible.

If it's true that they won't admin that the game is out, then it's most likely because when they look at the box they see 2 names/logos, Valve and Sierra.

That would make Valve more suggestable for attacks, especially since most people buying the game most likely know about steam and obviously assumes the problem lies there.

Sierra exists only as a name now . . . a much more popular name for VU. They decided to keep that name in America, because everyone instantly recognizes Sierra (Half-Life, King's Quest, etc).

Black Mesa corp said:
hahahahaha, there kiddin with us. That screens aload of bull. Havent you noticed?
Actually, I am almost 100% sure that is the real installation screen.

I can't tell you where it goes, I found that screen on another forum. But I am 100% sure it's the real one.

Oh, and this is not another lame-ass "I got my copy of HL2" thread 'cause as you can see, it's not mine. :)

they just reshashed the cs:cz hl2 media menu... i dont understand.
cant valve make loads more pretty pictures, they using the same ones of Gordon and Alyx all the time :(

I have already bought Hl2 retail, and that is the real install screen.

It is real people.

See techically the oringal contract was to sierra. Vivendi bought Sierra but "Sierra" was never overall shut down or fully combined with vivendi. So technically there doing it because I'm not sure... if Vivendi even has a technical support team... though I know Sierra does.

Minerel said:
It is real people.

See techically the oringal contract was to sierra. Vivendi bought Sierra but "Sierra" was never overall shut down or fully combined with vivendi. So technically there doing it because I'm not sure... if Vivendi even has a technical support team... though I know Sierra does.
Vivendi does have a technical support team, and the company sierra was shut down.

Back