Silly Amazon...

we11er

Reaction score
Apparently the dispatch date is now 18th - 19th. I saw all the threads about amazon being crappy with release dates but I didn't listen, they say 16th-17th and I believed them...

Ah well, I don't really care that much. Who else ordered from Amazon? This is .co.uk by the way.

Attachments

• dispatch.JPG
    dispatch.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 287
Yeah but I can't preload coz my wifi connection drops every 10 mins, and steam doesn't auto reconnect and resume downloading...

And I never activated my credit card.... and it costs too much paying in dollars from the UK

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Half-Life 2 will be with you shortly. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the morning of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Half-Life 2, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

Good stuff

Amazon cheapest

I have just received an email saying the have shipped my copy of HL2 should receive it tomorrow!

Plus it only cost me £26.99

Why not Amazon? They usually dispatch games the day before release and the estimated date is usually wrong. Don't get so worked up over nothing, I always get games on the day of release from Amazon.

Im still waiting for the delivery notification email from amazon, on my account page it says..

Order Placed: September 17, 2003 at 09:22 BST

Delivery estimate: Oct 1, 2003

I've generally had no problems with Amazon, though I still think steam is the best option for those who are able to use it. Incidentally, I pre-ordered the "Raising the Bar" book from Amazon a while back, and haven't recieved any shipping notification yet, isn't it supposed to be out?

Off topic: Feath... no matter how many times I read that your name does not rhyme with teeth, I still think of it that way :p

I would suggest 2 things.
1) Steam.
2) Steam.
Just get it via Steam, and you will get it as soon as possible, and if you MUST have physical cds/dvds, use the fan created covers and case arts for your backups -- this is what I will do. I mean for cryin out loud, there isn't even a manual with retail!!!

I want an official box and an official dvd. Not many people have dvd-rw anyway, so getting retail means you have a nice hard copy to put on your shelf and admire. :D

EDIT: i ordered from amazon too, and they say 17th-18th but usually they lie, and send it earlier than that (remeber guys they won the goldenjoystick award for best game distributer)

I ordered from amazon a long long time ago - about this time last year. However as soon as they changed their ship date (there is no way in hell I'm waiting until the 20th) I cancelled my preorder - I'll just go and get it from my local GAME store.

Back