Whezzy

Reaction score
what games will keep us busy...
im thinking (for me)
BF1942
DC
Halo PC
(if its really late THUG)

Personally HW2 seems just like HW to me. Not much of a change except a few things. If I were you I would get BF1942 its a great game.

Originally posted by Pressure
Personally HW2 seems just like HW to me. Not much of a change except a few things. If I were you I would get BF1942 its a great game.

I have HW 2... OMFG its hard as hell... I cant beat mission 4 and there are 13 some missions. I had alittle difficulty on the last couple missions in the first game... but THIS IS HARD to the max.

I'm thinking of getting "UFO: Aftermath".
I haven't desided yet...
I played "Enemy unknown" when it was new and I liked it.

Homeworld was great, and Homeworld 2 looks even better. They have added lots of little features that make it just right. Graphically its quite a bit better to.

Anyway, games that will pass my time.

C&C Generals (Its not Command and conquer but i enjoy singleplayer and making maps)
I will probably get Zero Hour for C&C Generals as well.

Homeworld 2 (I really liked the demo, i have played a few lan games with my brother and that was really fun. I cant wait to see what is in the full game)

Half-Life

Bf1942 (Not so much though)

Some other random games i play from time to time.

EDIT: UFO Enemy unknown...How old is that game? If its the one im thinking of, its very old. I quite liked that game, although i didnt play it much because i was quite young and didnt go on computers so much.

It could be a different game though.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
EDIT: UFO Enemy unknown...How old is that game? If its the one im thinking of, its very old. I quite liked that game, although i didnt play it much because i was quite young and didnt go on computers so much.

It could be a different game though.

No I'm pretty sure we mean the same one.
It was released in 1994 and was made by Mythos.
I was 11 at that time but I was already a game addict. ;)

Of what I have seen of Aftermath, the graphics doesn't seem all that good but It could still be fun.
I don't really know what to expect since it's not made by the same company.

I've had BF1942 since it came out. I bought it becauwse of all the awesome reviews that it got, and because I was looking for some huge map MP action. When everyone was new I thought it sucked because no one worked together, it just seemed like 20+ people on team A trying to kill the 20+ people on team B with no strategy at all. It was just random battles here and there. I uninstalled it and decided that I would wait a few months and let people get their stuff together. Well, I actually waited a year (other games came out) and I found that it was basically the same. Some people know what they are doing, but you will find groups of up to 10 people at any given time waiting at the spawn points for the planes. It's still just random killing here and there. Sorry to rant (and be so off-topic at the same time), but I feel like the games concept is increadible, and that the concept is executed very well. The thing that sucks are the people. Plain and simple. Every once and a while you will get into a good server and the game is amazing, but this is rare and it takes so long to find a server like this that you spend more time searching than playing.

Now, a good game where only the minimum of teamwork is required, and it is still very fun, is UT2K3. This game is just plain fragging mayhem, which can give you a very visceral feeling. While in games like BF1942 it pisses me off when I die, but when I die in UT2K3 after a good long shootout with someone who is skilled I feel okay with it because I know that it took skill and not randomness/luck to kill me.

Just my opinion.:)

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. I'll leave the post since it has some relevance to what is being discussed.

C&C Generals: Zero Hour and America's Army.

i don't like DC because i think the maps have to many vehicles.

Back