Single player -> no internet

N

[novocain]

Hey fellas,

I have a computer with no internet and I don't want to put internet on it any time soon. However I did install Half Life 2 on it and I would like to play single player but it doesn't start up when i double click it... My mouse looks like it's loading but my hard disk doesn't do anything .. after a while steam comes...

Is it possible to play single player without internet? If yes : How? :)

Regards

Well first you need a computer that does thave the internet on it. Then you will need to get HL2 completely updated put steam on a dvd(or more) and put them to your hard drive..

Well... Steam needs to validate when it has been installed. Which requires a net connection.

So without connecting at all... don't think so.

you can, but u need the internet to finnish the instilation and get all the updates first, then u can select " ofline mode" and play singleplayer ofline ( it does say on the front the box internet connection required, unless its a priate of corse)

An internet connection as I believe, is a system requirement.

Sorry fella.

Just take your PC over to a friends house (who has internet) to activate it.

clairelovestlc said:
you can, but u need the internet to finnish the instilation and get all the updates first, then u can select " ofline mode" and play singleplayer ofline ( it does say on the front the box internet connection required, unless its a priate of corse)
We all know Pirate copies of Half life 2 don't exist.

It's not a copy...

Anyways, I'll just have to wait until I get my internet I suppose.

[novocain] said:
It's not a copy...

Anyways, I'll just have to wait until I get my internet I suppose.
Even 56k would suffice.

I sometimes lose connection with my ISP or my router might be awry. It pisses me off I can't log on to Steam and play HL by myself. Is there a legal way to bypass Steam?

dekstar said:
We all know Pirate copies of Half life 2 don't exist.

Really? I thought there'd be at least one floating around the net...

xzeox said:
Really? I thought there'd be at least one floating around the net...
They don't work. VALVe roxxorz their boxxorz...

No Novocane, the downloads aren't that big. It'll take about 1 hour to download on 56k (I think). And you can resume downloads anyway if your connection is cut.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
sometimes lose connection with my ISP or my router might be awry. It pisses me off I can't log on to Steam and play HL by myself. Is there a legal way to bypass Steam?
Well if you tick "Remember my UserName and Password" in Steam settings, then if you are offline and fully up-to-date it will log in and let you play the games :)

So what I need is a one time internet connection so the game can finish the installation. Then I tick remember password and he will not have to go to the server anymore? :)

I'll try that and try to get internet on that computer as fast as possible. :D

I hope you're severely pissed at Valve and Steam for making you do this, Novocain.

And you were fairly lucky this time, as I hear Valve games will be available online only from the end of this month. I for one will never get another Valve game again - I hate huge downloads, and I hate Steam.

But then, everyone here will already know that. :upstare:

No they won't, all the games are being distributed to retail by EA from September onwards.

though some games will probably be Steam exclusive for a while: the Sin Episodes will be, unless they get packaged up at a later date. Having said that though, Sin Episodes probably wouldn't exist without Steam. In such a case, it's internet delivery or no delivery.

how to uptdate the HL2...me too cant play..and i dont see any button to update..plz instruct me step by step if possible

proudleo said:
how to uptdate the HL2...me too cant play..and i dont see any button to update..plz instruct me step by step if possible

thats because your using a illegal version of hl2 you ****ing asshole

do you have a "steam" lolz.

There's something called grammar, too. I heard it's another dimension. Probably just a myth.

Back