Sink Dodging DM

azz0r

Reaction score
Is it me or is HL2 DM just throwing barrels around and dodging sinks.

The guns are too underpowered and there just isnt enough of them either.

I understand they're just starting out and itll improve alot soon but from the short time I played it was just way too physic based.

Because nobody wants to play with guns at the moment, they all wanna screw with the physics. Give it a couple weeks to die down then people might use the weapons.

Fun for a few hours I guess, but I need something abit better than sink throwing.

Seeing as HL2DM got the good physics, maybe some real maps where we can block doors or create traps.

No doubt the hl2 world will come to the rescue.

Emm...The guns aren't underpowered.

Actually it's the opposite, the crossbow, magnum and I-rifle (secondary) are overpowered.

Getting them is boring though, I get barreled down before I do.

No I dont suck, I just cant do anything decent without dodging things being flinged at me.

azz0r said:
Is it me or is HL2 DM just throwing barrels around and dodging sinks.
It's also shooting bullets, arrows and rockets, throwing grenades every now and then.

Deathmatch!

Guns underpowered? Not the mag...

I agree that the weapon selection in HL2MP, and indeed HL2 period, is kinda sparse and disappointing. Remember HL1DM? In addition to everything here, we had:

-tactical weapons (tripwires, radio bombs)
-homing weapons (hivehand and snarks)
-the ultimate anti-camper weapon which was a great step forward for DM gaming (guass gun: WHY ISN'T THIS IN HL2 in anything but the car form, and not even right in that (can't shoot through walls)!!!!
-short range mega/multi kill weapon (egon)

In Hl2, we just have a bunch of mostly interchangeable standard lineup of FPS guns of different power and one cool combine grenade. That's it. The gravity gun is left to carry the full weight of "fun & creative." That's just sort of disappointing.

What about those sticky bombs we heard about? (don't know anything about them, but the concept of sticking a whole bunch of goo gobs to someone and then blowing them up at your leisure sounded sweet)
Hows about we get our traditional guass back with the through-the-wall action that made it such a great anti-camper weapon?
How about tripwires (with very very faint wires this time!!)

I mean, the Valve guys are really creative. But the just didn't seem to go all out on fun weapon concepts. As a result, we're left with the gravity gun basically running the show as far as fun new DM experiences.

And why not make the bolt actually send someone flying a long distance so you can much more easily pin them to walls?

azz0r said:
Getting them is boring though, I get barreled down before I do.

No I dont suck, I just cant do anything decent without dodging things being flinged at me.

dont dodge, catch the shit in the air and fling it back. or better yet rip it from their grip and smash em in the face. :p

I suppose, Ill try later on a better server.

BTW Apos most the stuff you mentioned is in the SDK now - it was in the leak too, Im guessing the modding community will re-enstate it all.

Even the Hydra :D

All that stuff can be put back in the game and likely will in due time. Remember, the mods will be having a field day with this and all kinds of cool sht will be out in a matter of time.

I've played on some busy servers and people don't seem to be going too overboard with the gravguns. I personally think they are great and add a whole new dimension to the game. I haven't found that I get killed too much when running to get the better weapons. As people get better at using the gravgun to catch and return projectiles the multiplayer will become even more fun.

Favorite activity: Running into the torture room, grabbing the magnum, and using the table to barricade the door...

Tactical weapon? FRIGGIN INDEED!

also sum of teh c00l traps from HL1 DM, u know like the airstrike in Crossfire or where u could fill a room up with water so everybody drowned! that was the ultimate 0wnaGe! just find on something new traps

Back