Slow Loading Times In Game...

W

willuf

Whilst playing the game freezes and LOADING appears on the middle of the screen.This lasts for 40 seconds or so and then continues.ive got all graphics settings turned up to full.What is the difference between x16 and trilinear? I was under the impression that the game is seamless in its progression alas the waiting times bug

What are your specs?

The higher you turn up your settings, the longer it will take to load. I have almost everything turned up to high, and 40 seconds of loading is no stranger to my game experience on an AMD XP 2800+ with a Geforce FX 5600 and 512 MB RAM. Loading save games even takes a minute or two. Saving happens almost seamless though.

I am no expert, but from my observations the difference between Trilinear and AS16x is that on AS16x you get numerous detail layers, thus making the textures more detailed. NOT so much sharper, just more details. (For a good demonstration, cycle the settings while your main menu background is Ravenholm, and notice the increase of detail on the metal textures of the building on the right.)

Slow performance also...

I also have slow performance. The game just kind of freezes/locks for a couple seconds here and there. Also the load times are pretty horrible for me being at least 40 seconds long.
I even bumped it down to 800x600 with trilinear and it didnt seem to make a difference. My system specs...

AMD 3400+
GeForce 6800 GT
1 GB RAM
K8N-E deluxe (latest bios)
-silicon raid 0
SB Audigy 2 ZS
WinXP Pro SP2

Any help would be much appreciated because it even stops frequently on the startup screen when looking at towncenter.

willuf said:
Whilst playing the game freezes and LOADING appears on the middle of the screen.This lasts for 40 seconds or so and then continues.ive got all graphics settings turned up to full.What is the difference between x16 and trilinear? I was under the impression that the game is seamless in its progression alas the waiting times bug

That's because every level is split up into seperate sections, which you have to load. This is intentional, not a bug.

Back