small envinronment

Shinobi

Tank
Reaction score
I spent a couple days working on this,, as you can see I'm not all that good with the texturing,, but anyways, this is just based on a quick sketch I did,, I decided to sit down and try it out

temple1.jpg

temple2.jpg

temple3.jpg

hmmm.... intresting. It needs quiet a lot of work, but its a good start. Some things I could sujest is making things a bit more intresting. Its like... well it looks complex with all the tree thingys. But its still very bland. Also the trees just go into the ground. They have no real ground to tree features. Just look at a tree down the street and you will notice straight away... if its big anyway :D

Urrr what else... u could add more like little thingys... maybe rubbish and actual grass.... this could liven it up a bit :D

I think some nice textures and foliage(bushes and grass needed) would do alot to clear up that blandness.

I agree with the small details though....mabey a skull or something, some trash, mabey even making one of the light polls bent or broken.

very nice start though. at the moment it looks more like it belongs in a game thats about 5 year old.

Nice stuff. Mind if I ask what program that is?

looks good, could use better textures and some enviro effects, otherwise a good start.

thanks for the ideas guys :D,,

texturing sucks, I know it :D I'll have to try to make some masked plant textures to end the booring grass carpet, which I haven't learned yet

and yeah,, I'll spend some time adding little details to add to the character,, as well as model in some roots that come out of the ground etc...

and sidewinder, I asked my teacher and he said shadows are cast automatically which obviously isn't true, I'll have to figure that out

and lupus I did it in maya

thanks again ")

well I worked on some texture stuff with the moss/leaves hanging from the branches for like 3-4 hours and didn't really get teh result I wanted :(, I'm just happy the alpha transparency worked on the first try :D

new1.jpg

thats nice, :) v nice, get some light tracers on it, a little back light, and perhaps a night sky map,. and it'll look sweet

Back