Small HL2:Assault Update

Gothax?

Reaction score
HL2:Assault, Half Life 2's very own 'Red Vs Blue' gameplay styled multiplayer MOD, has released two brand new maps : as_invasion and as_petrol.

Nagual, also from the HL2:Assault development team, announced that he will shortly be releasing another playable HL2:Assault map.

[br]

[br]The rest of the screenshots that weren't included can be viewed on the media page. Also, the development team is searching for the original author of as_petrol so they can give the creator proper credit. If you have any knowledge of the creator, please contact the team through the contact
page.

Looking pretty good.
But as_ maps? Isn't that, kind of, not owned, but belong to CS? It just seems like some unwanted confusion would arise.

Interesting, I've never heard of this mod before.

AS is really fun, don't doubt the less-played CS maps... :)

I don't get this mod, what's different from HL: DM? The site doesn't explain much...

SimonomiS said:
I don't get this mod, what's different from HL: DM? The site doesn't explain much...

I'd have to agree... the screens don't show anything other than standard DM, and the sites 'about' page doesn't make much sense...

Hello all
First of all, thanks to hl2.net for posting this - I have found the author to petrol and successfully made contact :)

To clear a few things up, this is how gameplay works:
On spawning into a map you are assigned to either Combine or Rebel forces. The server always auto balances teams and automatically switches you between each team on alternate rounds, so every player gets to play every map on every team, and teams are always as balanced as possible. The objective is fairly simple, there are 3 or more sections to each map, and the Rebel team must detroy a particular target before the next area is unlocked, until eventually destroying the primary target at the end of the map. Areas remain unlocked once opened, but Rebels will always respawn at the beginning of the map. Combine forces always spawn in a seperate area inaccessable to the rebels, and can teleport to different sections of the map, though are only equipped with the AR2. The rebels only have the crowbar, pistol and machine gun. The rebel targets can be destroyed by explosives or gunfire from a distance, but take ALOT of damage before being destroyed, or can be destroyed quite quickly close up with the crowbar, but leaves the player vulnerable to Combine fire from behind, and fairly defenceless, relying on team mates for backup. There are SLAMs scattered about the map for both teams to set booby traps. The round is won either by the Rebels successfully destroying all targets, or by the Combine who defend for longer than the allotted time limit. Frag counts are purely statistical. If anyone has played the assault mode in Unreal Tournament you'll have a good idea of how it works, it's just been themed in the HL2 world in the week before Alyx and Gordon rematerialise from Nova Prospekt.

I should add this to the site really, but right now I'm more interested in getting the mod released :) As for the as_ prefix - well to be honest I'd even forgotten about it in CS since CS:S had dropped it, plus it makes a rather amusing (if somewhat childish) reference to as(s)_invasion :p There's nothing to say I can't change it (if anyone has a better suggestion feel free to say so) seeing as the mod hasn't even been released yet. Hope that cleared things up - it's already quite good fun to play, and it's not even finished ;)

lookslike another hl2dm wannabe tfc mod

nice work :cheers:

attack and defend

fallen said:
Hello all
First of all, thanks to hl2.net for posting this - I have found the author to petrol and successfully made contact :)

To clear a few things up, this is how gameplay works:
On spawning into a map you are assigned to either Combine or Rebel forces. The server always auto balances teams and automatically switches you between each team on alternate rounds, so every player gets to play every map on every team, and teams are always as balanced as possible. The objective is fairly simple, there are 3 or more sections to each map, and the Rebel team must detroy a particular target before the next area is unlocked, until eventually destroying the primary target at the end of the map. Areas remain unlocked once opened, but Rebels will always respawn at the beginning of the map. Combine forces always spawn in a seperate area inaccessable to the rebels, and can teleport to different sections of the map, though are only equipped with the AR2. The rebels only have the crowbar, pistol and machine gun. The rebel targets can be destroyed by explosives or gunfire from a distance, but take ALOT of damage before being destroyed, or can be destroyed quite quickly close up with the crowbar, but leaves the player vulnerable to Combine fire from behind, and fairly defenceless, relying on team mates for backup. There are SLAMs scattered about the map for both teams to set booby traps. The round is won either by the Rebels successfully destroying all targets, or by the Combine who defend for longer than the allotted time limit. Frag counts are purely statistical. If anyone has played the assault mode in Unreal Tournament you'll have a good idea of how it works, it's just been themed in the HL2 world in the week before Alyx and Gordon rematerialise from Nova Prospekt.

I should add this to the site really, but right now I'm more interested in getting the mod released :) As for the as_ prefix - well to be honest I'd even forgotten about it in CS since CS:S had dropped it, plus it makes a rather amusing (if somewhat childish) reference to as(s)_invasion :p There's nothing to say I can't change it (if anyone has a better suggestion feel free to say so) seeing as the mod hasn't even been released yet. Hope that cleared things up - it's already quite good fun to play, and it's not even finished ;)

c4 would be a nice touch ..you'd still be vulnerable as you plant the c4 forcing teamates to cover you ..or even dynamite

sounds interesting, I'll give it a try when it's released

Howbout ass_maps. Come on, what's wrong with that. Give me one good reason.

Or seriously,
assault_ map
or map_as

Hopefully this MOD brings even more excitement than Half Life 2:Deathmatch did. HL2:Assault sounds like a more involved HL2:Deathmatch. Oh boy, does fragging someone with a toilet bring back delightful memories :D

Back