SMOD: Tactical Delta 3 Released

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
The Tactical Delta mod has been released with several new updates to version 2, but what is it?
SMOD Tactical is a modification of SMOD(Super Mod) for Half-Life2. This mod is meant for people who enjoy "realistic" military games like "Rainbow 6", "Operation Flash point", "Red Orchestra", "Infiltration, etc.
If you are one that is interested in a realistic version of HL2, download the mod from HERE, or check their main site to see the mod in action! [br]Sounds like an excuse to play Half-life 2 through again…

Wait a tick - this incarnation wants to be gritty and realistic and tactical, whereas the last SMOD involved bullet-time, a spade (possibly the best weapon ever in an FPS) and a front kick ability that, if timed well, would have Gordon doing a chorus line to Sinatra's "New York, New York"
Well that's a gear shift - good on them.

By the way, I'm serious about the chorus line thing. It's beautiful if you get it right. Especially if you're kicking the shit out of antlions at the same time.
"I wanna WAKE UP *SPLAT!* in a city *SPLAT!* that never SLEEPS! *SPLAT!*"
And so on and so forth.

the videos are showing me cs:s levels with guys added to them and some poorly made levels. Is that the game? uhhhh... no thanks then. Its not really realistic its just crappy.

the videos are showing me cs:s levels with guys added to them and some poorly made levels. Is that the game? uhhhh... no thanks then. Its not really realistic its just crappy.

Have you actually played it? Or are you just judging it by the videos?

Wait a tick - this incarnation wants to be gritty and realistic and tactical, whereas the last SMOD involved bullet-time, a spade (possibly the best weapon ever in an FPS) and a front kick ability that, if timed well, would have Gordon doing a chorus line to Sinatra's "New York, New York"
Well that's a gear shift - good on them.

By the way, I'm serious about the chorus line thing. It's beautiful if you get it right. Especially if you're kicking the shit out of antlions at the same time.
"I wanna WAKE UP *SPLAT!* in a city *SPLAT!* that never SLEEPS! *SPLAT!*"
And so on and so forth.

link to this old version?! sounds much cooler than a "realistic" hl2 :|

Watched some of the movies and it actually looks cool, to me. Been waiting for a good FPS to keep me occupied until I get Gothic 3(hoping for that one today).

This is actually sorta cool. I'm a big fan of the OFP style aiming, makes hipshooting an art. Plus, the weapons are cool.

Too bad there ain't multiplayer.

I'd also like to point out this mod supports Half-life 2 single player, so you can play the game through again with the mod, those videos are demos on a custom map.

Smod keeps getting modded, a lot of these "new" Smods aren't actually from the original author. All these mod mods have permission, though.

Smod keeps getting modded, a lot of these "new" Smods aren't actually from the original author. All these mod mods have permission, though.

Well, nobody is going to spend forever making models for a mod of a mod.

559507_thepoopo.jpg

sir, are you okay?

I may be naive, but shouldn't there be more recoil?

Yes, and there also shouldn't be any muzzleflashes. But hey, people who claim to be making realistic video games are probably just ramping up the weapon damage and not even pretending to think about the visual aspect.

This mod is actually really good, played for about an hour. Theres a TON of new weapons and the campaign is actually challenging now :)

needs some coop/multiplayer though.

Yes, and there also shouldn't be any muzzleflashes. But hey, people who claim to be making realistic video games are probably just ramping up the weapon damage and not even pretending to think about the visual aspect.

weapons IRL dont have that much recoil :|

This mod is actually really good, played for about an hour. Theres a TON of new weapons and the campaign is actually challenging now :)

needs some coop/multiplayer though.

yeah, I have to admit I didn't expect much at first but after playing.... um this mod is actually pretty good. :cheers:

Can somebody help me? I've tried but can't seem to start this up.

I downloaded 'SMOD37a' and extracted it all too SteamApps\SourceMods\smod

Then I downloaded 'SMOD-Tactical-Delta3-Full' and also extracted it too SteamApps\SourceMods\smod

Ran the mod from the games list, and it takes me to the HL2 intro screen. I click new game, nothing there to start a new game. Same with load game, nothing to select. I then type in console from the menu 'exec realistic' it says cannot exec realistic.

What have I done wrong?

Cheers.

Awsome mod.

Does anyone know where I can get custom SP maps for this mod? based on real life (no aliens n s*it) would be nice. Something similiar to smoits screeny.

Awsome mod.

Does anyone know where I can get custom SP maps for this mod? based on real life (no aliens n s*it) would be nice. Something similiar to smoits screeny.

that screenshot was from cs_cabaret, it comes with SMod Tactical.

Can you tell me how to play these maps, or give me a link to some instructions?

The cs maps that are playable are:

cs_cabaret
cs_compound
cs_asssault
and
cs_italy

I think you can load up any cs map, so just spawn a horde of enemies with the ai disabled and have fun :) just go to the website to see the commands. (there is even a friendly doc kliener armed with an mg)

the only thing I don't like so far is how the kick is sooooo weak. How the hell can you stab so hard but kick so lightly?!?!?

I prefer this version of SMOD:
http://www.hl-improvement.com/forum...d37453eb8cdacd69afea4b9ce8ac84dc&topic=5334.0

SMOD Reloaded: Redux !

Here's the weapons list:

Normal HL2 Weapons:
weapon_357 - Colt Python Elite
weapon_ar2 - Overwatch Standard Issue
weapon_bugbait - Pheropod
weapon_crowbar - Crowbar
weapon_crossbow - Crossbow
weapon_frag - M83 Frag Grenade
weapon_physcannon - Gravity Gun
weapon_pistol - H&K USP Match
weapon_rpg - ATGM-4000
weapon_shotgun - SPAS-12
weapon_smg1 - H&K MP7

SMOD Weapons:
weapon_abgun - Airboat Gun
weapon_ak47 - AK-47
weapon_alyxgun - Overwatch Combat Pistol AKA Alyx Gun
weapon_bananna - Banana Bomb
weapon_bugspawner - Antlion Spawner
weapon_flaregun - Flare Gun
weapon_grease - M3A1 Grease Gun
weapon_gauss - Tau Cannon MK2/Gauss Gun MK2
weapon_hopwire - Hopwire Grenade (Singularity Variant)
weapon_hopwire_old - Hopwire Grenade
weapon_kar98 - Mauser Karabiner 98k
weapon_lasergun - Overwatch Type-7
weapon_lstick - Magic Wand
weapon_MP5 - H&K Suppressed MP5 With M203
weapon_msbomb - Laser tripmine
weapon_physgun - Manipulator
weapon_physlauncher -Stuff Launcher
weapon_psp - UMD Launcher
weapon_scissor - Throwing Scissors
weapon_shovel - Shovel
weapon_soy - Soy Beans
weapon_stcannon - Strider Cannon
weapon_stickybomb - Sticky Bomb Launcher
weapon_svd - SVD Sniper Rifle

SMOD Remastered: Redux Weapons:
weapon_custom1 - Dual Beretta 92FS
weapon_custom2 - IMI Micro Uzi
weapon_custom3 - HK23E
weapon_custom4 - Colt M4A1
weapon_custom5 - Pancor Jackhammer MK3A1
weapon_custom6 - MP5KA4
weapon_custom7 - IMI Desert Eagle.357
weapon_custom8 - Overwatch Sniper Rifle
weapon_custom9 - H&K G3A3
weapon_custom10 - Colt M1911A1
weapon_custom11 - H&K G36C
weapon_custom12 - Beretta 92FS
weapon_custom13 - FN P90
weapon_custom14 - Overwatch Support Weapon
weapon_custom15 - Benelli M3 Super 90
weapon_custom16 - H&K M29 O.I.C.W
weapon_custom17 - Fists
weapon_custom18 - H&K UMP-45
weapon_custom19 - AKS-74U
weapon_custom20 - Dual Micro Uzis
weapon_custom21 - Ka-Bar Knife
weapon_custom22 - M67 Frag Grenade
weapon_custom23 - RPG-7

Awshens. The combat is much grittier now. SWAT meets half-life.

is there any way to use this mod in multiplayer ?

it's awesome. can i play original levels with all addons content too ?

You can play HL2 singleplayer with this mod, yes. Multiplayer - no.

i know it 's not the best place for that, but where should i write an autoexec.cfg for my mod ?

i would like to autoset my fov to 70 .:afro:

between , great mod. i didnt play too much , i actually set my games (fakefacto textures pack , custom tweaks etc ... ) but what i saw is gorgeous.
weapons are great and no problem so far in sight.

Does NPC models are changed too ? like cartel group patrol etc ??

found on moddb :

"By Deodus | Fri 13th Oct, 2006 @ 7:09:35pm
It works in SP & MP (with command lines)"

what the heck ?

how could i use it in lan ? i tried to join with "connect $hostname" it dosnt works. will try with added maps

Back