Smokers...

VirusType2

Reaction score
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Green-Tea-Diminishes-Cigarette-s-Effects-on-Lung-Cancer-131976.shtml

It seems

Green Tea Diminishes Cigarette's Effects on Lung Cancer
The final results showed that smokers who did not drink green tea regularly exhibited a 5,16-fold increase [NOTE I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be 5.16] in lung-cancer risk, as compared with non-smokers who consumed such tea. When dealing specifically with smokers, those who did not drink tea had a 12.71-fold increased risk of cancer, as opposed to smokers who drank at least one cup per day. “Our study may represent a clue that in the case of lung cancer, smoking-induced carcinogenesis could be modulated by green tea consumption and the growth factor environment,” Lin concluded.

If you smoke, you might want to have a cup of green tea every day. It's worth a shot, cancer is a bitch.

If you smoke, you might want to quit. It's worth a shot, cancer is a bitch.

Real green tea is an amazing beverage to drink anyways, hot or cold.

1211342734-41969_full.jpg

Unfortunately, Arizona brand teas use high fructose corn syrup instead of sugar. So fatties should avoid.

Arizona Green Tea is good when I need a cheap drink on the go. Otherwise, it don't taste much like real green tea.

Favorite is full leaf green tea, because afterwards I eat the leaves.

I drink tea every day but not green tea. is the taste any different than your regular Lipton??

Lipton is utter shit compared to real tea, it has like 1.5% actual green tea or some shit.

Lipton Green Tea comes with a pack of cigarettes.

Oh I don't know. Let's try - Lipton green tea is 85% tobacco.

are you just making that up?? also it doesn't say anything about green tea on the carton at all

Lipton Mango and Peach flavoured tea has the same flavour as Lipton Tropical flavour, too.

Lipton is one giant scam!

I'm drinking Salada 100% green tea right now.

Grn40ctfrontpanel1.jpg

Hot, with sugar. It's pretty good, not my favorite.

Favorite is Bigelow's Earl Grey, at the moment.

bigelow%20earl%20grey.jpg

WHY YOU WESTERNERS INSIST ON RUINING TEA? GREEN TEA MUST BE TAKEN PURE!

Jesus christ who puts sweetners on green tea?

I like Earl Grey with sugar though. It's too expensive however, compared to green tea.

Maybe I am secretly Korean but pure tea ftw

WHAT?!

If you are going to sweeten it up at all use HONEY.

Bitch, I'm dangerous. I like to live life one day at a time, on the edge. So yes, I'll have sugar in my cup of tea.

But on the other hand, I'm not CRAZY. I don't eat cake, candy and other treats, for example. Too sweet.

Brits are the worst, don't they put ****ing milk in their tea??

I drink green tea atleast 4 days out of the week and do not smoke. Am I winrar?

I always but milk and sugar in my tea (OMG HEZ RUININ TEH TEAZ). If I was having green tea (a very rare occasion) I would have it without anything.

On the actual topic, isn't green tea supposed to be a general detox and reduce the risk of a lot of cancers?

I heard that if you stop smoking all together it decreases your risk for cancer even more than drinking green tea.
:|

The final results showed that smokers who did not drink green tea regularly exhibited a 5,16-fold increase [NOTE I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be 5.16] in lung-cancer risk, as compared with non-smokers who consumed such tea. When dealing specifically with smokers, those who did not drink tea had a 12.71-fold increased risk of cancer, as opposed to smokers who drank at least one cup per day. “Our study may represent a clue that in the case of lung cancer, smoking-induced carcinogenesis could be modulated by green tea consumption and the growth factor environment,” Lin concluded.

I don't get it, there's a greater increase in lung cancer (12.71 as compared to 5.16) when comparing smokers not drinking tea with those who do, than when comparing smokers not drinking tea with non-smokers drinking tea?

I dont' get it. There's 12.71-fold increase in lung-cancer risk when comparing smokers not drinking tea with those who do, but only 5.16-fold when comparing those smokers who don't drink with NON-SMOKERS (who are already at a smaller risk) who DO drink? If anything, shouldn't it be the other way around?

smokers not drinking (HIGH RISK)
/
smokers drinking (MEDIUM[lowered] RISK)
=12.71

smokers not drinking (HIGH RISK)
/
non-smokers drinking (LOW RISK)
=5.16

Wat?

I heard that if you stop smoking all together it decreases your risk for cancer even more than drinking green tea.
:|

NO I CAN DO WHAT I WANT, IT MY CHOICE, MY LIFE, DONT TELL ME WHATS GOOD FOR ME, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SMOKE, EVERYONE DIES SOMETIME!

/sarcasm

I like Earl Grey with sugar though. It's too expensive however, compared to green tea.

I'm a tea purist too. I never add anything to my green teas or my black teas.

Yeah, but they still put milk and sugar in Black Tea, which is barbaric.

I bet you still put milk and sugar in your Earl Grey; sorry Colm, I grew out of that when I was ten.
Enjoy your watered down piss.

italics

Actually I drink neither tea nor coffee, fool. I MENTIONED THIS IN THE LAST HOT DRINKS THREAD WHY DO YOU NOT REMEMBER?!?!?!
All of my friends who do use milk and/or sugar with black tea. None drink Earl Grey afaik, that's for fags and bald starship captains.

Also this is simply an observed correlation, it isn't necessarily causative. Media science reporting lolol.

I like honey in tea sometimes.

Green Tea is a bit...bland somehow. Maybe the one I bought was ***t.

Smoking kills you in the same way chocolate makes you fat; Ive had my fare share of chocolate and guess what.

Back