Smoking ban

Interesting side note.

I believe in the USA, most accidental house fires are caused by discarded cigarettes :)

Anyway, its nice seeing that this thread didn't turn into a complete flame debate, even though it very easily could.

Why are people who cut their wrists treated as mental patients, but smokers aren't?

Something i think is a good move in the UK. People who go for treatment on the NHS for illnesses that they basically brought upon themselves, wont get treatment until they do something about it. So, smokers have to stop smoking, fat people have to stop eating...as much etc.

Yea seriously dude, i should not have to move to another damn restaurant just an account of someone's wanting to smoke, that is DAMN selfish cause last I checked the majority of people don't smoke, and as a result of that you are making many others sick and offended much more so than you own inability to put up with your own want....

Are you aware some people are allergic to tobacco smoke? Some people could have medical conditions that could cause them to be hospitilized if breathing that in, and then mosquave says he smokes wherever he wants, sorry but if it's a non-smoking restaurant or whatever and you smoke their, i believe I have every right to get up and shit on whatever your eating, to repharase someone else... you know cause sometimes I just like having a nice cold beer and taking a shit, I mean that is what your saying. Except I would be maintaining my body and you would be damaging yours, so what I'm doing is actually even more correct then yours being it also doesn't damage the lungs of people around me.

If I saw anyone smoking in a non-smoking restaurant honestly though I would probably just phone the cops on them though seriously rather then shit on their food, thats just an example, but its true nonetheless.

If I ever saw anyone smoking in a non-smoking restaurant I would proabably throw water at them, puts the cigaret out, no one gets hurt (unless they decide to fight) and it shocks them.

to nw909...

nw909 - Would that culture happen to be called 'poverty'? lol!!!

bata bing!:cheese:

Farrowlesparrow - I think that people who unsuccessfully cut themselves to die are deemed 'mental' because they bring death upon themselves very quickly. And those that smoke have a laps of about 10-60 years to off themselves. Also people gain repeated and predictable pleasure in smoking and people that commit suicide gain nothing from it besides a eternal relief from their preceived pains of living.

I don't really care for smoke from cigaretts but I certainly wouldnt ban smoking completly! Freedom for the masses even if it is a sick habit. That's what I choose.

When I was younger, one of my friend's brothers died because of second hand smoke. I barely new the guy, but he was really nice.

The brother used to hang out with these guys who always smoked, yet he never smoked a day in his life. His family never recovered and before they moved away, my friend was always complaining about how it wasn't fair that his brother died early and the guys that smoked didn't.
;(

It makes you think.

Back