Sniper Rifle

D

DOA Killer_Wolf

Did anyone aquire a Sniper Rifle? I kept running into guys that had them but could never find one! If you did get one, where did you get it and how? Please.........

The closest thing you can get to a sniper rifle is the crossbow sadly

umm... pistol, magnum, submachine gun, overwatch gun, shotgun, crossbow, grenades, missile launcher

i know theres more but I don't remember them right now.

...crowbar, manipulator and bugbait too.

The gun turrets and hoppers kinda count as weapons as well.

I'm guessing that everybody got all the weapons as it's almost impossible not to...

It's possible to never find the magnum or crossbow. You'd have to pretty much go out of your way to avoid them though.

i love the crossbow... magnum too actually.

something about the way they both make Combine soldiers do backflips with a headshot is orgasmic.

Did anyone try...

cheating to get to where hte snipers are firing from to see if a sniper rifle is there?

There isnt a sniper rifle in the gamr at all KALbarney, even if you did that there wouldnt be on there.

Besides who cares, the crossbow kicks a$$

in leaked, they had a ****ING huge ass sniper rifle, but too bad they took it out

Can anyone explain the secondary fire weapon on the overwatch rifle? It seems to be some sort of energy missle that goes bouncing around and stuff. What is the most effective situation to use this?

stkman said:
Can anyone explain the secondary fire weapon on the overwatch rifle? It seems to be some sort of energy missle that goes bouncing around and stuff. What is the most effective situation to use this?
Use it when you've got a load of combine soldiers lined up in a row, at least thats when i use it.

It incinerates all people it touches, so use it in narrow hallways against combine bunched together.

CreamOfetus said:
they removed some really cool things from this game...

Hopefully they'll reintroduce the cut weapons and levels in HL3 or an expansion pack.

I bet they will. The sniper rifles you couldn't get in HL1 ended up in Opposing Force.

Wouldn't this game be a bit too easy with the Sniper Rifle? I think the slow speed of the crossbow bolt is meant to conteract the fact you can use it from a long range (where combine can barely hit you).

Sniper rifles are too powerfull. Crossbow is best. It's slow but accurate, AND it looks cool! :cheers:

Also with the crossbow, if a soldier is near a wall you can actually pin him to the wall.

That was cool when I first noticed it and then tried to do it in other situations.

I tend to use the crossbow in melee. I mean, it's pretty much a one hit kill against any combine trooper.

CreamOfetus said:
they removed some really cool things from this game...

Like the Hydra... they better as hell hurry up and release an expansion.

Well.... in the original HL, snipers were nothing more than cardboard cutouts or a 'hit box' indicating a sniper. I bet in HL2, they only generate the dead combine body once the grenade blows up that 'hit box'.

yep... shooting crossbow arrows into the windows doesn't do anything.

It is almost impossible not to get the crossbow. It shows up twice.

Anyway, the I rifle secondary shoots an energy ball that lasts for three seconds, or it can disentigrate three people. Whichever comes first.

Why wouldn't valve make actual combine holding actual sniper rifles instead of making a blue beam coming out of a dark window that you MUST throw an explosive into in order to generate a combine flying out of the window?
The only reason they would have taken out sniper rifles would be because they are too powerful and would make the game too easy. But they still could have made actual combine in the windows so that you could shoot them (and just have no actual sniper rifle)
They probably made it the way they did just because they think watching combine fly out of windows is cool, which was kind of a bad idea methinks...Itd be better to choose to snipe them or nade them i say :)

Idonotbelonghere said:
They probably made it the way they did just because they think watching combine fly out of windows is cool, which was kind of a bad idea methinks...Itd be better to choose to snipe them or nade them i say :)
I agree with you to an extent.

The best part about this was that, "OH SHIT!" moment when the sniper(s) realized that there was a grenade sitting next to him and there was nothing he could do about it.

If you were to snipe him, you'd never have heard that soundbite.

Actually, the fact that you couldn't shoot a sniper or suppress their fire was one of my pet peeves about this game and ruins the "suspension of disbelief" you need to really get into a game.

I mean, c'mon. Nothing I can do, using my own wits, effects the snipers. You can't shoot them and you can't suppress their firing by shooting into their window because the developers have already decided for you that the only way to kill them is by a grenade. I think that sucks and is just an easier programming solution than better level design that allows the player to decide how to proceed.

I am now near the end of the game and I HAVE enjoyed it. However, I think it could have been a much better game if EVERYTHING hadn't been so tightly scripted that I felt that I was lead by the nose the whole way.

Back