So, I just beat Opposing Force

Dsty2001

Reaction score
What in the heck was that creature at the end? It was a good game, but the Ending SUCKED, it just seemed to much like the first one excluding the part about getting your memory cleared and Black Mesa going booom :) Why the heck was you on a helicopter anyways? ....?!?

Originally posted by Dsty2001
What in the heck was that creature at the end? It was a good game, but the Ending SUCKED, it just seemed to much like the first one excluding the part about getting your memory cleared and Black Mesa going booom :) Why the heck was you on a helicopter anyways? ....?!?

That creature was probably a big ugly (maybe not evil) thingy that opened a biiiig portal from xen(?) to earth, and wanted to infest the planet.

And Adrian was on that plane because he was a subject in the g-mans report, and the gman had to look after him.

No, I mean why the heck did you use a helicopter(the way you got into Black Mesa)

Gordon used the train
(Same way he got into Black Mesa)

Seems odd doesn't it?
also, I thought Nihlanth opened the gate from Xen to Earth?

No, I mean why the heck did you use a helicopter(the way you got into Black Mesa)

Gordon used the train

Seems odd doesn't it?

HAHHAHAHAH LOL you are kidding right?

If you're not, this is just STUPID

also, I thought Nihlanth opened the gate from Xen to Earth?

Yes, but it was another alien from another dimension

I think opfor ending boss was much better than that stupid baby thiny :LOL:

It was to easy to beat, I didn't feel like I accomplished anything large when destroying him. Took me 2 tries
Took me 5 with Nihalth

HAHHAHAHAH LOL you are kidding right?
If you're not, this is just STUPID

I could have done without the immature remark
It was a valid question, and if you fail to realise it, get a brain.

Gordon used the train

Yeah we all know there are tons of underground railroads going from military bases to hidden labs, rofl.

Gordon's an employee anyway, the soldiers are not.

Nihilanth was a piece o' cake. Hide behind a spike, then he cant hit you because youre in cover, but you can see (and shoot) a large part of his head.

True enough Dile.
Also using the hornet hand works well as it cancels out the teleportations and also the blue orbs that he fires at you.
Basically just get on a ledge with the regeneration pool, stand behind the spike and occasionally strafe out to shoot and duck back again.
Nihilanth is always fun to beat though.
:cheers:

It was to easy to beat, I didn't feel like I accomplished anything large when destroying him. Took me 2 tries
Took me 5 with Nihalth

I could have done without the immature remark
It was a valid question, and if you fail to realise it, get a brain.

Oh MY GOD then.

Anyway, it's pretty simple to explain...

They are soldiers, and sure as hell they dont use a train to go to war.

Gordon was on the tram ride from the employee dormatories. Listen to the speaker in the beginning. The labs are huge and most of the scientists and low-level security personel live on the base.

Adrian and the marines came from somewhere else.

Just for the hell of it I thouht I'd throw out that Adrian was also riding in an Osprey, a tilt-rotor aircraft.

V-22 Osprey

V22-15.jpg

:bounce:

Just because you don't think a question is up to your superior standards doesn't mean you should burn a guy for it.

It appears that black mesa is quite secluded and the ospreys were likely the best way of getting in their. However they could have also used the roads and at some points used the trains. When they entered the facility the trains would be the most viable option for getting round. After all that is their purpose. Unless of course it was one of damaged parts of the transit system.

Yeah we all know there are tons of underground railroads going from military bases to hidden labs, rofl.
Well excuse me, that's basically what it was. It may not be the technical name for it, but thats basically what it was :rolleyes:

Besides, you all don't understand what I'm saying. Gordon Freeman used the tram or whatever the hell you call it to enter Black Mesa at the first of the game. Adrian used a helicopter

Gordon was riding on a tram at the end of the game.
Adrian was riding on a helicopter

Isn't that odd?

Half-life ended with you leaving the same way as you started. Gearbox thought that was a good idea. Gearbox copid valve. end of story. besdies which, wouldnt it be a bit odd being trapped in some wierd dimesnsion (it wansnt sol or xen so its either where race X are from or some 4th dimension) in a train? a military transport makes much more sense.

i don't think any respectable millitary force would use those trams to get around inside the base, it just wouldn't make good tactical sense at all

Originally posted by ShadowJustice

They are soldiers, and sure as hell they dont use a train to go to war.

um, does anyone else here know why Russia lost WW1 so badly?

Guess what type of transit they didnt have...

totally different thing you're talking about there

you're talking about mass scale troop movement transit

we're talking about tactical insertion and movement, completely and totally different

you just don't use trams and trains for tactical insertion and movement

Besides, Russia WWI didnt have helcopters.

The reason why they didnt use trams,is because of what could happen. Which would you take, a tram going on a pre-determined path that is going straight into a self-desctructing science plant, or go in via an aircraft?

lol any reason to bring back a one month old thread?

muahahahah 100th post.... the lack of post count will never trick me

Aratos is completly accurate. You leave the same way you came it has that kinda feeling to it. Valve did it and so did gearbox. As for the marine's transport they used Air, Road, AND rail. play blue shift and you see the militay was using the New Mexico railway to bring in tanks and support. The various trucks and armoured tranports are also evidence that they drove in. At the end of blue shift there is a main roadway going into black mesa the USMC could has utilized these.

Yeah, ShadowJustice, grow the f**k up.

If you can't say something mature, go and play on the traintracks or something.

Also, it's not a V-22, the V-22 has a closed (and way too big) hull.

One thing that doesn't make sence is the gman says that they didn't want the xen aliens to escape black mesa. Remember the intro to Op force? Aliens ships(or beings) shot the helicopters down. So we don't know if they got away or what.

Back