So I'm joining the military!

A klick is the distance the sound of a sniper pulling back the hammer on his gun can travel in one second.

Australian infantry are supposed to be as accurate as marine snipers wtf

EDIT:

And apparently we're notorious for brutal and frequent use of the bayonet.

Watch him turn out to be rambo or something. Good Luck!

Be sure to tell us all about your upcoming exploits so terrorists can check HL2.net and know when to plan raids for!

Just found out my brother is joining too (to be a driver or something), so atleast I'll have some company haha.

Meh they still got my sister, she isn't joining yet lol.

Time to learn some Jarate! All (J)TF2 snipers must have Master's yellow belt.

Meh they still got my sister, she isn't joining yet lol.
She doesn't count, she doesn't have a penis....or...
uhoh.gif

I know..... i wasn't implying that you did, i was just saying it is good.

I know.... i wasn't implying that you did, i was just saying that i wasn't saying it was bad.

Good luck and stay safe. You should also check out military college, gives you both options.

I'd still try and join the Air Force IMO. You might not be flying jets/planes/helicopters (because you need to become a officer to do this, at least in the US Military), but you will learn a useful skill in civilian world.
I would have loved to join the Army or Marines, but because I have a wife and child, I decided it's best not to. However, if you're looking to become a sniper, start practicing your shot now and your running stamina. I hadn't shot in a while before I joined, but it kept with me and I received my marksmanship ribbon for the M16A2 and nearly got Expert Marksman with the M9 (I had too many headshots which disqualified me, no joke).

It's hard for me to give further advice because I have no idea how the structure of the Canadian Military compares to the US Military. But keeping your nose clean is a great way to qualify for some of the best jobs. I'm still in training currently, but so far the Air Force has been extremely rewarding and really am enjoying my job (which I can't say what it is on the inturnetz).

And to the individual who mentioned joining the Air Force, do not take the Security Forces job. You will be doing convoys when deployed which are extremely dangerous, unless your gunning for that.

Heh. Good for you. I respect your decision.

Me, I always wanted to be an Army officer, but since I've failed the Academy test, I need to go to a normal university.

Of course, military service here is compulsory, but I'm holding out until I can apply for a military scholarship during university, and do ROTC, so I can finish my 7.5 years of compulsory service with relative ease.

If I would join, I'd go for Intelligence... but I don't want to join and enjoy life too much to risk loosing it for some general.
But being a sniper sounds ****ing cool, so I respect your decision... good luck and take care!

I'd still try and join the Air Force IMO. You might not be flying jets/planes/helicopters (because you need to become a officer to do this, at least in the US Military), but you will learn a useful skill in civilian world.
I would have loved to join the Army or Marines, but because I have a wife and child, I decided it's best not to. However, if you're looking to become a sniper, start practicing your shot now and your running stamina. I hadn't shot in a while before I joined, but it kept with me and I received my marksmanship ribbon for the M16A2 and nearly got Expert Marksman with the M9 (I had too many headshots which disqualified me, no joke).

It's hard for me to give further advice because I have no idea how the structure of the Canadian Military compares to the US Military. But keeping your nose clean is a great way to qualify for some of the best jobs. I'm still in training currently, but so far the Air Force has been extremely rewarding and really am enjoying my job (which I can't say what it is on the inturnetz).

And to the individual who mentioned joining the Air Force, do not take the Security Forces job. You will be doing convoys when deployed which are extremely dangerous, unless your gunning for that.

What kind of jobs do you get after you're done with the military, I keep hearing about all of these ex marines who are jobless after their service is done and all of that. Not saying it's the case, just something I heard. What's the credibility of that statement?

What kind of jobs do you get after you're done with the military, I keep hearing about all of these ex marines who are jobless after their service is done and all of that. Not saying it's the case, just something I heard. What's the credibility of that statement?

well you could work for these guys

blackwater.jpg

although the only way out of the organization is in a bodybag

Good luck dog, make sure you don't do anything that makes it into the papers, k?

I honestly don't know what kind of jobs the marines would do that would grant them experience for a good job in civilian life.

However, Air Force grants a lot more opportunities, especially now that the Air Force has been rapidly expanding into Cyber Security. Aircraft maintenance is probably the most common way people in the Air Force find good paying civilian jobs.

I hope you don't mind if I bring this up, but weren't you going to do musics/teaching?

Yes, but I can't afford it anyways, so meh.

You could perform the music during your squad's fight scenes though, right?

Yes, but I can't afford it anyways, so meh.

No, man. Just put up 'private lessons' business cards, or a posting with tear off strips. Make it cheap for the first lesson to attract new customers and for low risk familiarization.

Back