So, is this game actually any good?

Well?

• This game is all I wanted and more! Yes! Yes!! YES!!!

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Damn good considering what they had to live up to.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • It's sheer quality is undeniable but so are the flaws.

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • Bit of a dissapointment really. They hyped this a bit TOO much.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • WTF. This sucks!

Votes: 12 8.8%

• Total voters
I think the only reason Doom 3 is getting 96 and 97 percent from some reviewers is because it was made by ID who created the FPS genre. Other then that, it aint that good. Its really average by today's standards. Still a good game but nothing (Other then the graphics) that stands-out

Average is pretty much how I would describe it. I was disappointed by it in the sense that there is nothing I would re-install it for, much like Far Cry. I was hoping there would be something new for me to lessen the wait for HL2, the only thing that is satisfying my needs at the moment is CS:S :/

Good fun, but bores me quickly (I stopped the standard campaign and I just spawn monsters in empty test maps now with god mode and weapons, loads more fun) and is generally not remarkable or outstanding in any sort of way. Forgotten in two months.

Suicide42 said:
no. i thought it was an innotive system that had never been done before, and added colour to an otherwise black and white shooter.

I thought System Shock was way earlier.

And this is exactly what Doom 3 is, it's one big mix of other games, but fails to obtain the same quality level.

even the original hl has way better game play than any games, doom3 will go out and nooone will play it in about 6 months

Greatest game released this year. I love it.

Those of you who hate it to the core of your being are forgetting your gaming roots. For shame.

Shuzer said:
The game was fantastic. It is what it said it'd be.

Granted, it got to the point of dragging on a bit, but it picked up again after Hell.

I'd give it a 9/10 in my books, I'd been looking for an "oldschool" shooter like Doom 3 for some time. Had great fun with it. Just waiting for the mods now..

agreed.

i think the plasma kicks so much ass! the look, the sound, the effects. brilliant.

one of the coolest weapons, ever.

Back