Gold Tonight?

• Yes.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • No.

Votes: 135 77.6%

• Total voters

Ownzed

Reaction score
Maybe it will go gold later tonight..? It could happen.. :) What do you think?

Its only 1 PM at VALVe.

However I don't think it will go gold today.

:| within the week, anything elese is just pulled out of shuzers hairy arse.

Gold is inevitable. I want a definite release date.

If we all cross our fingers, maybe it could happen.
Otherwise, forget it.

I don't think it will... it would be awesome.. but I don' tthink it will. I think they will make it on like the most random day ever lol

L337_Assasain said:
It's now 4:45...still no gold announcement...it's not going to happen.
Thats Eastern time... at Valve its about 2:00

They announced that GTA went gold some time last night. But i dont think it will go gold tonight. It would be nice though. :)

It can go gold - anytime. That's right, even 1:00 am at night. You guys have no idea how hard and late devs work when they are apporaching the final lap.

So time really doesn't make a difference.

why do people think that it would go gold? just because csnation heard one of the 10000 rumours?

Okey, hear me: HL2 is going gold on tuesday!!!!!! now everybody believe it!!

err

Its not going gold, so stop hoping...

They are going to pull a D.Nukem... "When its done"

:D

I expect it'll go gold in a week or more... not today.

I think we need to create a new religion: the Blackmesans or something. We will worship Gabe the Almighty. If we have enough faith, pray really hard, and engage in corporal mortification with a rusty crowbar, HL2 could be gold by tomorrow.

Or we could just start another rumor...

Considering something big is happening to Steam right now, I think we might at least see another preload today.

Pfft. Even if it went gold within the hour it might still take months to appear- remember the insanity that was CS:CZ? *shudders*

I'd welcome a gold date but I'll degenerate into a frothing-at-the-mouth fanboy when a solid release date pops up.

footsteps said:
I think we need to create a new religion: the Blackmesans or something. We will worship Gabe the Almighty. If we have enough faith, pray really hard, and engage in corporal mortification with a rusty crowbar, HL2 could be gold by tomorrow.

You'll have to worship VUG for a gold:p BUt i'd rather worship for a release date :D

going gold means NOTHING without a release date.

NOTHING.

Maybe they are busy playing Halo 2.

sorry
that's not funny.
not funny at all.
bad spooky.

:frown:

The person that said something funny is happening on steam is right, there's a huge squiggle showing up.
What does it mean? :O

And yeah, Valve has a couple hours :p

Dr0ndeh said:

NOTHING.

not true. in fact, its quite dubious of you to emphasize NOTHING. you should take a logistics class, i took one last semester and loved it.

i have a couple scenarios for you.

1. gold is announced tonight
2. gold is announced in 6 months.

you see, logic tells us that there is a 6 month gap between 1 and 2 where the game could be released. big difference.

also, when a game goes gold -- release date is often given very very soon after. Therefore, for the most part, gold announcement = imminent release date announcement.

you did say that gold is nothing without release date. true it doesnt necessarily mean that the game WILL be released soon but the PROBABILITY and PLAUSABILITY of the game being released sooner go waaaaay up.

so stop trying to ruin everyones fun. history and logic shows, gold announcement and release date are related.

Dr0ndeh said:

NOTHING.
Don't people who bought over Steam get HL2 once it goes gold?

Back