So its Monday. Where's the Gold Anouncemnet?

Reaction score
The Pinatas broken, the game is apparently gold, but where is the announcement? Were we not supposed to get confirmation of the anouncement today? Or was it another goddamn rumour?

and dont forget that the US are 8 hours behind so it probly be at 12:00 tonight in the UK Europe and a couple of hours give or take in other countrys

thats if they do announce it today

well its only 11:10am in the UK...so thats like 3am in the US??? i really dont think Valve is up atm!!

Yeah, the announcement will come for the UK at approx sixish (that is if there is one).

I'm hungry.

Someone at hl2.net should make a clock that would show local time in Seattle.

Sharasment panda said:
The Pinatas broken, the game is apparently gold, but where is the announcement? Were we not supposed to get confirmation of the anouncement today? Or was it another goddamn rumour?

where is Valve? US
what time is it? very very AM
Where is your brain? ? ? ? ?...... :flame:

This time zone difference is stupid. They can make a man land on the moon but they cannot make a universal time system. Ridicolous.

Sharasment panda said:

Didn't it come to your mind that it's night time right now in the us, and valve is asleep?
And still you keep 'goddamn' in your post?

Please think before you post ..

theres nothing wrong with the time, it's science. You can make it the same time everywhere on earth. THAT is ridiculous

well if you can make some giant space mirrors that reflect the sun to make it day time all around the world at the same time I'd be glad to help ;)

Zulu

Harryz said:
This time zone difference is stupid. They can make a man land on the moon but they cannot make a universal time system. Ridicolous.

Actually, there is ZULU time that is used by the us military.

scatr99 said:
theres nothing wrong with the time, it's science. You can make it the same time everywhere on earth. THAT is ridiculous

Did you know they took the word gullible out of the dictionary?

Harryz said:

That would probably require some major changes in the rotation speed of Earth, or possibly a few extra suns. Go ahead, but I suppose HL2 will be out sooner than you'll finish the little project. Might be wrong tho :smoking:

What we'll have to do is destroy the sun, then create our own little suns that orbit earth. When it's day time we turn them all on so it's daytime everywhere. When we turn them off....it's night-time everywhere.

Brilliant.

Harryz said:

It makes complete sense....

How do you suggest changing it? Sure you could have a universal time but then where would you have it start? I mean, doing that would mean that 3:30am is early morning in one country, but early afternoon in another. You would have to force countrys to completly change themselves....is not going to happen.

Judging it by the earths rotation makes much more sense and has been done since the dawn of man.

scatr99 said:

As a science student I have no idea what you just said.

Your attempt to explain the fourth dimension has FAILED

If it does go gold, it will be THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!

i mean new GFX today...+ hl2 going gold..... SHHHBIFFFFTY!!!!

sorry just really excited now

Tiddalick said:
It makes complete sense....
How do you suggest changing it? Sure you could have a universal time but then where would you have it start? I mean, doing that would mean that 3:30am is early morning in one country, but early afternoon in another. You would have to force countrys to completly change themselves....is not going to happen.

Its pretty obvious isn't it? Create 10 suns.

Harryz said:

Psst...Yoohoo....hey you...ya you...over here...I've got a secret to tell you.

....The Earth is round.

Ssshhhh! Don't tell anyone.

Harryz said:
Its pretty obvious isn't it? Create 10 suns.

Hmm, no not quite that simple. How would we orbit in space :eek:
Now, if you had said 'big frikkin lightbulbs' then I would whole heartly agree :cheers:

Fuzzy-_-Muff said:
who invented this little thing called physics anyway

I think their name was 'Valve' or something like that.

Harryz said:
Its actually flat.

Damn you non-believers!

For the love of God! Agh!!
How sinful! They are taking experiments that have been conducted and twisting them to their utter crap beliefs. That is the worst possible crime in science (other then lying about results). No one waste your time and go there

OMG
Foolish people said:
Once again, picture in your mind a round world. Now imagine that there are two people on this world, one at each pole. For the person at the top of the world, (the North Pole), gravity is pulling him down, towards the South Pole. But for the person at the South Pole, shouldn't gravity pull him down as well? What keeps our person at the South Pole from falling completely off the face of the "globe"?
Ever heard of the Centre of Mass!!?! They complelty shot themselves in the foot with that statement, yet they don't see it!

Xenome said:
Didn't it come to your mind that it's night time right now in the us, and valve is asleep?
And still you keep 'goddamn' in your post?

Please think before you post ..

I think I'll quote this for emphasis.

to thread starter: I'm not trying to be rude, but turning on your thinker would be nice before you posted such threads.

Tiddalick said:
For the love of God! Agh!!
How sinful! They are taking experiments that have been conducted and twisting them to their utter crap beliefs. That is the worst possible crime in science (other then lying about results). No one waste your time and go there

OMG

Ever heard of the Centre of Mass!!?! They complelty shot themselves in the foot with that statement, yet they don't see it!

I'm being sarcastic. Wow.

Back