So... Uh... I got Swine Flu?

Are you sure the greasiness isn't a consequence of not showering for 4 days? :p
But yeah seriously, hope you get better.

Go to the hospital and get it checked out! If you have it, and don't report it/get treated/go to the authorities so they can kill you and burn your remains then if we all die from swine flu, we're officially declaring it your fault if the human race dies out!

Dog, we face extinction here. Remember if you ride with the swine flu, you ride with Hitler!

On a serious note, get better, but in all you really should go to a doctor. They have a swab test that can tell them whether you have it or not. The worst thing that will happen is that they'll give you better care.

And it's pure shit.. I've had it the last 3-4 days and every minute has been horrible.. I just wanted to give you guys some of the symptoms I haven't seen on the web that I have so you can see if you got it or not, because it's probably the worst I've ever been sick. It sucks big time.

- Sensitive Skin - This is amplified after taking a bath/shower, normally it's just uncomfortable rubbing fabrics on your skin but bath/shower makes it a hundred times worse where it gets to the point it actually hurts..

- Greasy - You know when you wake up your face is greasy? Well picture that all day, even right after you wash your face, plus it's greasy on your chest, and your hands..

- Extreme Fatigue - I took 1 shower in the past 4 days - why? Because The first time I did I got winded drying my hair. I actually had to take a break to finish drying myself off..

- Pain - It seems if you stay in one position long enough 1 particular area hurts alot.. For me it's my chest and lower back, for other people it might be different..

- Hallucinations - I've literally been sleeping for 3 days straight and I've never actually been to sleep, but I've had lots of weird 'dreams' while half awake. The only one I can remember for sure is that I was laying in my bed and I thought there were Russian Tanks around me and stuff.. That was very weird.

- Tiredness - Like I said I've been "sleeping" (half awake half sleeping) for about 3 days now.

- Being very cold despite having a high fever.

Then there's the regular symptoms:

* fever, which is usually high
* cough
* runny nose or stuffy nose
* sore throat
* body aches
* headache
* chills
* fatigue or tiredness, which can be extreme
* diarrhea and vomiting (they say only some people get this, I've got both.)

I found water and Jell-o is easiest to eat, they're the only things I can actually keep down. I ate yogurt and kept it down, but my stomach hurt for about 5 hours, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Just wanted to give an update.. I seem to be getting a bit better (slowly though). I'm going back to bed.

3 days ago the only 4 diagnosed cases in Ontario were in york and durham region ..arent you in hamilton or there abouts? also I dont see how you can be better without antibiotics ..this isnt the flu it's influenza

Everyone who has posted in this thread now has the swine flu.

Good luck, I expected someone to eventually say they had it on here.

You should go see a doctor.

I don't know, I think he probably has the regular flu, but with everybody freaking out, fingers point at Swines.

I'd say call up a doctor and explain your shit and see what they say. For safety sake, don't leave the house. No point in spreading it.

I think I'm getting better, I have all the same symptoms, I had a shower today and got tired drying my hair again (lol), but I can't tell why I just feel better.. I left my room a couple of times and have been wandering around the house a bit.. I had scrambled eggs (well 1 scrambled egg) and I kept it down with relative ease. I dunno.. I don't care what it is as long as it goes away soon.

EDIT: I also want to mention I don't think swine flu is as bad as they say.. The only people it killed are in Mexico, and to be honest I think we've all got better nutrition, health care, medicine etc then them. I don't think it's even going to be a big deal. Once everyone catches it and gets rid of it/develops an immunity to it, it'll be gone from memory soon enough..

I think I'm getting better, I have all the same symptoms, I had a shower today and got tired drying my hair again (lol), but I can't tell why I just feel better.. I left my room a couple of times and have been wandering around the house a bit.. I had scrambled eggs (well 1 scrambled egg) and I kept it down with relative ease. I dunno.. I don't care what it is as long as it goes away soon.

Cinnamon toast is the best tasting feel better food. also eat nothing but food that will plug you up. carbs man...carbs!

EDIT: I also want to mention I don't think swine flu is as bad as they say.. The only people it killed are in Mexico, and to be honest I think we've all got better nutrition, health care, medicine etc then them. I don't think it's even going to be a big deal. Once everyone catches it and gets rid of it/develops an immunity to it, it'll be gone from memory soon enough..

To be honest, I really don't understand this view of Mexico being some hell-hole where people are starving/eating dirt and not having hospitals. I'd dare say that since medicine is socialized there, people have better healthcare there on average because THEY ACTUALLY GO TO THE DOCTOR WHEN THEY ARE SICK. I'll bet you the whole swine flu thing here in the US is worse than they know, simply because people refuse to go to the doctor unless they're dying/dead.

And as far as nutrition, people in America (I don't know about canada) actually eat far worse on average than most other countries. Nutritionally speaking. The reason for that being that it's cheaper to buy crap, than to buy good food, whereas that is not really the norm in other countries.

So no, the swine flu isn't this huge panicky thing people make it out to be, but it does have some importance. But no, you are not going to be magically immune to it because you don't live in Mexico or something. They have not figured out WHY it's not as harsh in other places as it is there... It could simply be because it has had more time to mature in Mexico than in other places.

Recap: Do not panic, you can eat pork chop sandwiches, GO TO THE FREAKING DOCTOR AND GET CHECKED OUT. Sure, it could just be the regular flu, but you're not a doctor, and neither is anyone on these boards. If you can't go yourself, get someone to take you there.

Seriously, there are practically 4 pages of people saying the same thing: GO TO THE DOCTOR. Why you haven't done that is beyond me. You just seem to keep trying to convince us you have it when you don't even really know. What is wrong with you?

I don't know, when I have the flu, the last thing I want to do is go to the doctor. Why would I want to spread my own filth to others? Call a doctor and see what they say. If all else fails, have friends/family go out and get you medicine and bring it back. I've never gone to the doctor while being sick, because I know the human body is strong enough to stop it with a little bit of liquid/pill help.

Yeah, that makes sense and all, but the fact that he even suspected he had it should have prompted some type of action other than "Let me post at HL2.net".

That's true if it's a regular strain, but the whole deal with this one is that they don't know what it's capable of doing, which is why they're advising people to get checked out if they feel the symptoms.

But anyways, this thread is a good example of what would happen to the world if this was/is a serious virus.

"Hey guys, I think I have the virus I have the symptoms. I don't think it's that bad, it could be something else. Probably not a big deal if you take some tylenol "

*2 days later*

"braaaaaainssssss!"

Hay guys, I got attacked on the bus today. It was kind of weird...

I was about to get off, and someone started screaming and charging me. I was yeling at them an d they bit me. I dun o y i ws atked butja;eeawiaeata,.ab ioaefa;pleasegodhelpme

Oh --God damn it I thought this was Danimal for a sec (I still associate that avatar with him). Not that that makes much of a difference, I just got very confused when someone called you "Dog" and had to do a double take on your post.

Good to hear that you're recovering and I hope you don't relapse or haven't passed it on, whether it was Swine Flu or something else.

We have a "porbable" case in Ireland. It's expected to be confirmed by the morning. I hope no one I know gets killed by it, especially me :p

I think I'm getting better, I have all the same symptoms, I had a shower today and got tired drying my hair again (lol), but I can't tell why I just feel better..

Glad to hear it. :thumbs:

Interesting...

227071426_bb0c046b51_o.jpg

A good cure is giving me my avatar back.

The OP's symptoms sounds more like the first phase of a zombie virus tbh.

Anyways, don't tell anyone you have swine flu, unless you want to get kidnapped by officials in hazmat suits where they'll make you take a chemical bath. You think it hurts to take a shower now don't you, just wait. :O

Try this out. If you like in a very warm climate, go outside when it's hottest in only boxers or shorts, and bring alot of water. Stay outside for a few hours in the heat and drink alot of water. I read this on a forum as the person talked about how Uv rays damage the flu virus and make it unable to reproduce it's self thus destroying it. I'm not 100% sure how it went but I'm still looking for it.

S W I N E F L U
u
p
e
r

fill in the rest...

Wanker's
Intuitive
Neurotically
Electrified
Fat
Lunging
Umbrella.

Yeah, nice idea going to the doctor and infecting everyone along the way.

Have you guys not read you should stay at home and seek medical advice over the phone?

**** me this is the stupidest helplife2 thread I've ever seen.

When you are ill go to the doctor; don't just make a thread.

This advice is 1000x amplified when you may have a contagious disease that not informing the authorities about could result in needless deaths of others you infect.

For ****s sake don't be an idiot.

Solaris is not a trained medical proffesional and his advice is of little concern.

This is Dog--. There is nothing left to be concerned about, I am better. Than you all for your condolences. I however will most likely never be posting here ever again as I am joining the great and wonderful Canadian Government's biological research division with no relation to my illness. Thank you all and goodbye.

So guys, it's safe to say I'm at atleast 80-85% right now, feelin pretty good but this flu left me wrecked.. I actually can't believe how shit shape I am.. I lost 20 pounds, my 'around the house' shorts normally fit snug around my waist now I can't walk without them falling down, I get winded walking up the stairs.. I am really weak, like I can literally feel how much my muscles have faded I wouldn't be surprised if some 15 year old girl came up and whooped my ass, no joke. I used to have decent looking biceps now if you look at them they look pathetic.. My guitar playing skills suffered a tad too which I am even more pissed about.. I can handle being a weak girl, but having some of my skills taken away is NOT cool. I'm surprised how fast muscle can deteriorate, like WOW.

Now begins the process of gaining 30 pounds or more and working out like a mad man.. It's gonna suck for a while but my goal is to be stronger then from when I started.. Hopefully I can do it quickly :/

**** the flu.

*locks his doors and windows*

Get better! And make sure you don't spread it.

You still didn't call the ****ing doctor? What the **** are you thinking?

This is Dog--. There is nothing left to be concerned about, I am better. Than you all for your condolences. I however will most likely never be posting here ever again as I am joining the great and wonderful Canadian Government's biological research division with no relation to my illness. Thank you all and goodbye.
The guys in hazmat suits will likely throw all your Rush signed shirts in the biological waste incinerator pit. This doesn't bother you? :O

Back