So, what about Vortigaunt zombies?

Stern is just spamming that thing everywhere...as is Darkside.

You mean that "methinks you need me to link you to the (insert link here)

/me runs " thing?

Whaddaya mean?
All the zombies are human...or Trans-Human...

"Female"?
Sorry. No tits covered in blood and flesh for you

Just some points about Zombigaunts;

1) A vort could shoot the head crab before it reaches it, or claw it to death Oo
2) A vort's head also seems bony-er than a human's, and has the tusks, and different head shape, than what a headcrab might be used to
3) is it possible that headcrabs came from anther place other than where Vorts came from, so Vorts aren't REALLY their normal prey? Like, it seems you got three 'Xenian Families'
-Vortigaunt Family (with their third arm); Controllers, Nihilanth, Gargantua, Grunts, and Vorts themselves
-Headcrab (with their. . . headcrabiness); Gonarchs, Zombies, and Headcrabs,
-Beasts (With their Vibrant, toxic colors, and Predatory Behavior); Houndeyes, Bullsquid, Ichthyosaurs, Carniverous Leeches, and it could be speculated that perhaps Antlions fit here as well, I unno
-Fauna (Wall clinging creatures, some times very dormant); Barnacles, the the little lamp things and hanging purple things, Tentacles possibly, as well as those claws that sway sort of and sprout out of the ground. (This group mostly seems native to Xen itself)

What I'm getting at, is that last time I checked, Nihilanth, brought his group of Vort Species to Xen to escape from (possibly) the combine, and Xen is a borderworld after all, so maybe these groups came from seperate places?
4) What if Vorts, because of Vortessence, could track down and kill Zombigaunts before major infection Oo?

Regardless, they'd be fun to fight!

Lol, it would make sense,
I like the game because it leaves these holes, ones for us to look through, and knit with our own logic >.>

Dudes!
if you look up the secret vortigaunt story easter egg in hl2, and when you find it, the vortigaunt is telling you the story next to a headcrab cookin on a fire. so, in theory, if they eat headcrabs, then headcrabs naturally stay away from vortigaunts, like in a food chain. for example, you don't see any zebras wanting to hang out with lions do you...
peace

Dudes!
if you look up the secret vortigaunt story easter egg in hl2, and when you find it, the vortigaunt is telling you the story next to a headcrab cookin on a fire. so, in theory, if they eat headcrabs, then headcrabs naturally stay away from vortigaunts, like in a food chain. for example, you don't see any zebras wanting to hang out with lions do you...
peace
Both species could potentially feed off the other.

A perfect example of this is the humans-headcrabs relationship.

Headcrabs "eat" human heads and turn them into zombies to feed with.

And the humans also cook headcrabs for food, as can be seen in BME(though the cookers were Vorts).
And in LC the fisherman said something about the Headcrabs and leeches.

Some times if you spawn a vort and headcrab and the headcrab is by its foot the vort will try to step on it. So.. maybe at one point they would be fighting each other?

Perhaps, but I don't think they'd ever get caught with a headcrab on their head. . . so it's likely that they do have some interaction, but if so, it's recent, since the Vorts came to Xen and presumably found Headcrabs, and even more so, that they do no have the same human to Headcrab niche in any ecosystem

Both species could potentially feed off the other.

that's true, i didn't think of that. maybe if the vortigaunt was already dead or if there was a bunch of really desperate headcrabs (lol). but we havn't ever seen a headcrab trying to ataack a vortigaunt(although we have seen the votrigaunt attack the antlions in that episode 2 trailer), have we?
forgive me if im wrong, ive only played HL, HL2, and HL2 EP1. (and all counter strikes and hl2dm of course :D)
peace

lol i have to stop saying peace

Headcrabs wouldn't have to latch on to the head, they could do the direct spine way of Zombines and Poison Zombies.

Actually, in Half-Life 1 headcrabs and Vortigaunts will not attack each other, though that's probably more an oversight by Valve than them showing that they're allies. Almost nothing Xenian attack each other in Half-Life 1, with the exception of bullsquids, who attack headcrabs, although headcrabs don't attack them back.

In Half-Life 2, on the other hand, Vortigaunts have attacks specifically for dealing with headcrabs (ie, they step on them).

Off-topic: Did anyone find it hilarious in Half-Life 1 when soldiers tried to grenade headcrabs?

Damn, I never saw that =|
I only got to see suicide bombing soldiers, who tried to throw grenades over stairs, only to have them roll back. . .

anyways, I think it's highly unlikely that Vorts would end up as zombies, maybe there's some kind of 'understanding' on Xen, like (for Xenians) it's a 'de-militarised' zone? Until Gordon shows up, and in HL2, they're just smart enough to avoid Ravenholm and headcrabs in general. Even more so, you'll notice how little Vortigaunts there are Oo.

I've never heard of wild animals obeying de-militarisation.

Who's to say they're wild?
Maybe Nihilanth has telepathy with the other races of Xen, and also, what if the Gonarch is an intelligent animal? Is it possible that like Cerebrates and Overlords with the zerg, the same system applies? Nihilanth being a cerebrate, if not overmind, and the Gonarch as an overlord?

Headcrabs seem to use their front legs to pierce the human eyes and take control of the brain.

Vorts only have 1 eye, maybe this is reason there are no zombigaunts?

Seeing as the entire head goes inside the maw of the headcrab it really isn't possible for the front legs to come into contact with the face.

Um... Vorties has 3 eyes, no? (I may be wrong... and sorry for bitching)

Seeing as the entire head goes inside the maw of the headcrab it really isn't possible for the front legs to come into contact with the face.

Im probably talking crap, but i seem to remember at the start of Opposing Force they had x-rays of a zombie.

Um... Vorties has 3 eyes, no? (I may be wrong... and sorry for bitching)
Vortigaunts have 6 eyes in HL1 and 4 eyes in HL2.

Im probably talking crap, but i seem to remember at the start of Opposing Force they had x-rays of a zombie.
I remember the x-ray, but I don't remember the headcrabs legs sticking into the eyes in it and Google image search is turning up nothing :(

Ah yes, 4, sorry. :D I only knew that they have more than 1 or 2 eyes.

Wikipedia says the other 5 are much smaller but can still be kinda seen. I recommend zooming in.

The headcrab foreclaws hook onto what appears to be just below one's clavicle. Just because vortigaunts have an electric defense doesn't mean they're immune - humans and Combine with their various weapons still fell victim to the crabs. I think the notion that if a vortigaunt were to get nailed with a headcrab, the others would instantly know and come to his aid, making free-roaming zombiegaunts pretty rare.

Did anyone else find it telling that when you knock the headcrab off of a zombine that much of their head is missing (just the lower jaw is in place)? What are the Combine doing to the people that makes their head 'dissolve' like that in the headcrabs gut (because the non-combine humans heads are still intact)?

fell victim to the crabs.

Lol XD

ANYWAYS, I believe that the combine put a bunch of holes into the head, and fill it with circutry, to maybe the flesh doesn't desolve? I'd guess that maybe the headcrab eats away and tears through the helmet, finds the spine, and controls it via the nerves? I was going to say 'they have acid that burns the helmet and circutry' but then, why are human zombies' faces intact upon removal Oo. And to get to the spine of a human, it probably just pierces the back of the neck, but with a combine's armor? Not so easy.

Foodchain

Human>Headcrab>Vortiguant

Vortiguants eat headcrabs

O`rly?

I think the vortigaunt would eat the human first D:

Humans eat heacrabs too. So it's
Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human <3 Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab <3 Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab <3 Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab

Humans eat heacrabs too. So it's
Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human <3 Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab <3 Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab <3 Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab > Human > Headcrab

Easter egg Headcrab <3 Human

/Face Palm

1.I think the headcrab gets to the nervous systems through the back, using it's backlegs.

2.It does have 2 VERY small front legs, to support it's body weight in the front.
But they mostly use they're front claws to walk, so the small legs could pierce the eyes.
But i'm sure they don't even do that.

My theory is that vorts can be zombified, but the reason why we don't see any "Zombiegaunts" is the same reason why we didn't see any Zombines in HL2: They just manage to stay out of zombie-infested areas, thanks to the Vortessence and the fact that they probably rank pretty highly in the resistance. Their low numbers and physical defenses help too.

even though, who says that the vortiguants spine controls their nervous system. We dont know vortigaunt anatomy

I'd love to see some Zombigaunts. They would make voices like zombies, and look gory, but they could use the lightning strike as Vortigaunts. Then we could have some HL1-like battles.

Back