So, What do you guys really think happened?

never before has a quote being truer:

arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

that's all i have to say cacavdvadvavda and koopa

They thought they could produce more content faster then they actually could. They probably looked at the time it took to produce HL1 content and planned that the game would take about the same time, since they most likely thought having more artists then they had for Hl1 would even out the amount of time creating content nowadays takes. I think I even read a review where I think it was Doug that said,"Were getting less out then we put in.". It's amazing how much extra work a 100 line or less shader can create.

Doom3 had this issue as well. They were putting up 100x times the effort in to create doom3 maps and content as they took to make doom maps. Probably why doom3 feels like I am running through the same crap over and over.

cadaveca said:
Dude also misses the point about 939 and pci-e,..lol..no relationship there, but i can go and buy 3 boards right now that are 939 pci-e:
here's a board: available in july:
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=215
and here's a group of them:
http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Category=282&SubCat=MBD-939

"I know hardware!" My, my, my, don't we look foolish now...
N/b posts the NOW there is pci-e support for 754,,but last year, there was not.

I swear you cannot read. :rolling: Others are right, you just pick a small statement, make up something about it, and then post an unrelated link. You know, you can generate much more fruitful discussing my discussing something relevent, insightful, and thoughtout. Why not give that a try? Or is trolling more fun?

Link #1: Yes, Abit (and most of the First Tier MB makers) recently announced paper launches for PCIe for the AMD platform. Notice that in my comments I even noted the paper launch. They do not expect availability unti November. This board is NOT available right now. Go to pricewatch.com and find it--I could not.

Link #2: The AV8 is available on that link--which is AN AGP board! The AX8, the PCIe board, is NOT in stock. I guess you cannot read :| And as most hardware sites are reporting they are not expected until November (some may trickle in early).

And, as you "know" there was no PCIe support last year (or even a month ago) for 939. You really do pick this stuff out of mid air. If you find a few hundred dollars floating in mid air let me know! You seem to be able to pull everything else out of mid air, so why not money! :thumbs:

Oh well, as someone else noted there is no point argueing with you (not that I am trying to argue with you, and as such no point to continue). Have fun trolling the boards--I am sure you will enjoy it :cheers:

Back