So what was going on while Gordon was away?

How many countries could maintain their own oilfields though? A hell of alot of our oil comes from the third-world countries, that are, as you say, ****ed. American and Russia probably have their own oil reserves and good enough armed forces to hold them, but most other countries are ****ed.

How many countries could maintain their own oilfields though? A hell of alot of our oil comes from the third-world countries, that are, as you say, ****ed. American and Russia probably have their own oil reserves and good enough armed forces to hold them, but most other countries are ****ed.

Er, yeah:

Of course, third world nations and quite a few others are ****ed, but what can you do?

Hooray for the first world? I imagine the USA will have worse immigration problems than they do now though. :cheese:

Anyway, you missed my point about the lack of trade and oil use means that oil reserves and existing refineries can sustain the economy long enough for something close to stability to come about. Not that it would be pleasant.

Originally Posted by Azner

She was 12 ffs

I know that math works out, but who would keep a 10 year old picture of their family, on their office table? D:

ARRRGH NEWBIES vs VETERANS

CMON we've been here for at least 3 years now :\

Rioms explanation is default in Hl2.net

Naph said:
I know that math works out, but who would keep a 10 year old picture of their family, on their office table? D:

Her mother is in the picture, which sets memorial sense. The picture is there to remember her. And the combine probably dont open up Neon picture booths :\

Theirs (likly) to be other Xenian-Earthian (being plolitcly correct here) Animals we havent seen yet.

ARRRGH NEWBIES vs VETERANS

CMON we've been here for at least 3 years now :\

Rioms explanation is default in Hl2.net

Her mother is in the picture, which sets memorial sense. The picture is there to remember her. And the combine probably dont open up Neon picture booths :\

But he was saying she was 12 in the BMI, if I recall... So why, if the world still belonged to the humans, and Alyx's mother wasn't dead yet, would he keep THAT picture, and not have thousands of photo albums, like every other parent in the U.S.A.?

Also, I agree that the USA and Russia would probably be the nations that held out longest, but a Gargy storming through a city, with only COPS defending it... City Cops = fail, Gargy = Win. And Tentacles? Hell, the only way we know to kill them is either nuke em, or somehow destroy the root of them. If they happened to be plopped into the center of a city... Shit... Take cover, and don't run any lawn equipment, or cars... or music... in fact, don't even breathe if you know what's good for you...

On the other hand, I do think that Military might be quick enough to use all that transportation and get into the cities with all their stuff, and hold out against the few Xen Fauna that might wander into the frey... I really do think that Tanks will pwn at least 40 gargs before they putt out. And also, the Vorts (I believe, it seems like common sense) would have joined the humans right after the Nehilanth was confirmed destroyed. Because if I remember right, the original name for them was "Alien Slave." They were slaves to a stronger power. Now that they are free they will fight for what they believe in, and we have seen that as being for the cause of the supposedly lesser humans. (The Vortigaunts have a much greater natural strength than we do... They shoot electricity through their hands for god's sakes... And they are bipedal, and can manipulate objects, and weld them without an extra tool... If we could have done that we'd have about 4 times the tech we have now... Okay, maybe not... But still, we'd be more advanced already.)

So, the Vortigaunts by our military's side, shooting at headcrabs, and bullsquids = win for us. The bullsquids and headies would instantly be gibbified. :D

But he was saying she was 12 in the BMI, if I recall... So why, if the world still belonged to the humans, and Alyx's mother wasn't dead yet, would he keep THAT picture, and not have thousands of photo albums, like every other parent in the U.S.A.?

Convenience. It's easier to carry around one picture you like instead of lugging around heavy photo albums which take up valuable storage space.

Also, I agree that the USA and Russia would probably be the nations that held out longest, but a Gargy storming through a city, with only COPS defending it... City Cops = fail, Gargy = Win. And Tentacles? Hell, the only way we know to kill them is either nuke em, or somehow destroy the root of them. If they happened to be plopped into the center of a city... Shit... Take cover, and don't run any lawn equipment, or cars... or music... in fact, don't even breathe if you know what's good for you...

That's what the military is for. I doubt tentacles can stand up to a bombing run, and we know Gargs can't stand against one. Just send in milatary helicopters to clear out the cities.

On the other hand, I do think that Military might be quick enough to use all that transportation and get into the cities with all their stuff, and hold out against the few Xen Fauna that might wander into the frey... I really do think that Tanks will pwn at least 40 gargs before they putt out. And also, the Vorts (I believe, it seems like common sense) would have joined the humans right after the Nehilanth was confirmed destroyed. Because if I remember right, the original name for them was "Alien Slave." They were slaves to a stronger power. Now that they are free they will fight for what they believe in, and we have seen that as being for the cause of the supposedly lesser humans. (The Vortigaunts have a much greater natural strength than we do... They shoot electricity through their hands for god's sakes... And they are bipedal, and can manipulate objects, and weld them without an extra tool... If we could have done that we'd have about 4 times the tech we have now... Okay, maybe not... But still, we'd be more advanced already.)

So, the Vortigaunts by our military's side, shooting at headcrabs, and bullsquids = win for us. The bullsquids and headies would instantly be gibbified. :D

I recall shooting through vortigaunts like they were tissue paper in HL1. :) I actually meant that their intimate knowledge of Xenbeings would aid us in containment.

What if there are some places with soldiers fighting? we dont know whats going on all over the globe

What if there are some places with soldiers fighting? we dont know whats going on all over the globe

I suppose most ex-soldiers joined the Resistance. Of course, the poor captured bastards from the Seven Hour War probably ended up as the first members of the Overwatch.

I suppose most ex-soldiers joined the Resistance. Of course, the poor captured bastards from the Seven Hour War probably ended up as the first members of the Overwatch.

I JUST HAD A THOUGHT!

The soldiers that were captured are probably be the elites we see, because they've had more time for the training. :)

More than likely they would be Stalkers because they would be pretty opposed to the Combine after what they saw during the war...

Be quiet Schmeller. This is absolutely critical to the on-going Half-life mythos. I cannot think of a plot strand more pivotal, nail-biting and on the-edge-of-your seat than that of whether Eli did or did not carry his family photo out of Black Mesa.

This topic soon turned to shit. :|

the seven hour war started right after Gordon Killed Nihilanth,his death caused the portal storms,don't you remember when he dies those green small balls are portals,just that he's so far that you see them like small points,but if you kill his brains with a crowbar You'll see a lot of portals pooping out of his head,that was the portal storm that triggered the combine to access earth and the 7 hour war

the seven hour war started right after Gordon Killed Nihilanth,his death caused the portal storms,don't you remember when he dies those green small balls are portals,just that he's so far that you see them like small points,but if you kill his brains with a crowbar You'll see a lot of portals pooping out of his head,that was the portal storm that triggered the combine to access earth and the 7 hour war

Not true. It took quite awhile for the 7 hour war to start. mabye a month or a few.

say the US, can electrify the rail system so electric trains are commonplace. (In fact, only the US can do this easily.)

Wait what? US is NOT the only country with electic trains.

Hey! I want to hear more about Great Britain, strongest nation in the world for many years! How long did Airstrip1 hold out against the invaders?

PS. no offence meant to any Americans

The U.S. is actually far behind most other first-world industrialized nations when it comes to electric rail.

And as to the family photo... maybe it's just the only one Eli could get to when the Black Mesa shit was goin' down. Maybe it's just his favorite. Maybe his wife died before the BM incident. There's no requirement for a father to only keep recent photographs on his desk.

Perhaps Black Mesa, being Government run, only allowed 'one personal photo for your office'

Hey! I want to hear more about Great Britain, strongest nation in the world for many years! How long did Airstrip1 hold out against the invaders?

PS. no offence meant to any Americans

As in every disaster/post-apocalyptic story/film, the Queen is sipping her tea at Balmoral. :cheese:

... I remember it from somewhere... Where did I see that... She was about two, cause she's in, or near her 20's. I say this for obvious reasons. Just look at her and you'll agree, she's gotta be in, or near her early 20's.

I imagine her as 18 :D

And as to the family photo... maybe it's just the only one Eli could get to when the Black Mesa shit was goin' down. Maybe it's just his favorite. Maybe his wife died before the BM incident. There's no requirement for a father to only keep recent photographs on his desk.

Yeah i remember him saying something along the lines of "This photo and Alyx were the only things I was able to get out of BM"

Problem solved. I still think if I look at that picture, it's not 10-12 years old. It's near-the-beginning age, so Alyx should be 20-23, in my option. On to the wars... Most of the people who aren't "Combified", should('ve) join(ed). Isn't there possible also that people would make same strong bots as Dog, although it needs lots of work and tinkering.

Rebel Humen: Little creatures = Dead = Win. :sniper:

Strong robots: Huge creatures = Dead = Win. :borg:

Back