So whos buying retail?

Eon Blue said:
Both. I already -made- my case for the Gold package :D
Hah! Good job! I'd try that but it would just come out like crap - I'll just wait for the one in the mail.

nice case Eon blue. Any chance you can post download links to share to all

not happy!! preload HL2. Tried to order it off steam and it rejected 3 of my credit cards, sum error with the transactions. Steam are "looking into it". At this stage it looks like i'll be getting retail, which sucks as i wanted to support Valve 100%. o well.

Eon Blue said:
Both. I already -made- my case for the Gold package :D

lol, i used the same boxcover art/ cd cover art for mine.

great, isnt it?

I already have silver, but ill probably buy retail just for the box and never open it, and have it sitting there, nice and pristine, untouched, and in 10 years it will be worth......mILlions!!!!!!! *dr. evil laugh*

HAHAHAHAHAH irt3hl33t!

retail for me

Wal Mart here i come! And where i live, i doubt there will be a rush.
I wonder if they will have the DVD version..

The links are on the front page of hl2.net... there's a lot of them.
But this one was the first one made, and still my favorite. The blues and grays fit the theme of despair in City 17... or something.

This should really be a poll :) but a thread will suffice, im going with Steam beacause the Gold package offered more then any other hl2 purchase. My hl2 loyality required me to get the best hl2 package possible :D too bad i'm running out of money fast now :O . I wanted a boxed copy just to have the box / dvd etc. but with nov. being such a huge date I spent the pre-order money on other games/pre-orders etc.

Yep, I have gold, but I may buy retail anyway. Considering I have a lot of money to spend (living off your parents and having a part time job is a good combination), I don't know...
But whatever happens, I'm getting Vampire: Bloodlines first.

Kinda on/off topic at teh same time, but i was wondering, i already got the silver edition does anyone know if i can just upgrade to the gold for $30 or whatever the difference in price between the two is? If not ill buy the retail too, i like boxes :)

Retail for me.....as its cheaper than steam,I already have all the back cat and have no intrest in any online game play.......

darkmistx said:
Just out of interest how many have pre-paid through steam and how many are going to buy the game in a store.

Myself I'm buying retail because I want a box, and also I don't have a credit card. :D

I am too, but i might get it from play.com

I've gone retail as Gameplay say they will deliver it the day of release if you opt for first class postage, which I have obviously :cheese: .

When Valve is able or willing to pass on the savings to the consumer then I'll buy from Steam. As it stands now, I will be buying the retail version of HL2.

I'll buy it in store. I doubt i'll be able to explain my girlfriend where my 50 bucks have gone, when I buy it from steam.
She'll be like: "Oke, let me get this straight. You downloaded the game, just like you did with doom3, and still you have to pay for it :| .Boy, you got to find a new ftp"

im buying it cuz i want a box, and i dont have adsl so it would take me ages to dl

swiss said:
yer im buying retail, for reasons people have already mentioned.
Another thing...if u get HL2 through steam do u get CS:source with it for free?; because if u buy HL2 retail then CS:source comes with it.
ok to make some things clear

only the Half-life 2 Collectors Edition will have cs:source, Hl: source and a shirt
the normal version is just Half-life 2

the only way you can get cs with hl2 is via steam

Tkmaster said:
ok to make some things clear

only the Half-life 2 Collectors Edition will have cs:source, Hl: source and a shirt
the normal version is just Half-life 2

the only way you can get cs with hl2 is via steam

what are you talking about? you get CS:S with retail Hl2. It's the multiplayer for it.

yeah, that was my impression too! Surely CS will be included!

Collectors Edition's reserved from GameStop. :bounce: Can't wait. And yes it as CS:S, and DOF:S, and HL1:S. And a t-shirt, and the strat guide. Which I don't even want to touch until I've finished it. Spoilers suck

Is it the complete strat guide or just something to torment people who wanted the entire thing? It says "sampler", makes me kind of worried. On one hand, I never use strat guides, but on the other hand, with certain games they're worth having just to pore over later for nostalgia.

ummm the people saying they dont want to wait hours or days for preloading or w/e but isnt it already preloaded? and just need to be unlocked ? so u wont have to wait hours or days as soon as its unlocked u can play

huff said:
ummm the people saying they dont want to wait hours or days for preloading or w/e but isnt it already preloaded? and just need to be unlocked ? so u wont have to wait hours or days as soon as its unlocked u can play

Not if you dont have steam installed or are on a 56k dial up and i dont leave my PC one when not in use...........I dont have steam because i have no use for it as i dont play online, but it will get installed when i buy HL2 seeing as its all intergrated into it....

Back