so WILL VU delay the game for 6 months? *poll inside*

will they delay it?

• yeah they will hold it for 6 months...

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • Id say they will hold it until jan/feb time next year...

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • They will aim for a december release,lots of holiday season money

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • They will release it between now and end of october..

Votes: 75 52.8%

• Total voters
hero said:
so all this shize could just be all rumors?

so like known of it has been confirmed by vivendi or valve?

er if your talking about the up to 6 month delay thing. We don;t know if VUG will delay. People are saying that they have the legal RIGHT to do this. They haven't done this yet (i hope they don't :\).

EDIT: if its held for 6 months, we may aswell call it DNF :rolling: :rolling:

but wait didnt they do this with Condition zero ? there were reviews of the game out 5 months before the game was out right ?

Vivendi has pulled this "wait for 6 months" trick 3 times already (that we know of). Why not one time more?

After HL2 getting pushed back so many times, how can any of you get your hopes up before actually holding the game in your hands? (and even then, you'd probably open the box to find a note that read: "I owe you one game - Valve")

It'd be nice if it came out in november, I mean really nice. But I'm not getting my hopes up. I say January to March of next year.

Tork said:
but wait didnt they do this with Condition zero ? there were reviews of the game out 5 months before the game was out right ?

yea they delayed CZ for 6 months, read the other gamespot reports (its in there). CZ wasn't as big as this though. Surely the amount of money HL2 will bring in is a bigger incentive atm then waiting 6 months..

EDIT:

It'd be nice if it came out in november, I mean really nice. But I'm not getting my hopes up. I say January to March of next year.

A year delay i can handle, but a extra 6 months? No. That will be my preorder will be cancelled.

guess what, i just have this feeling that the game is going to be delayed more... this is just one of those games that never comes out for a long time.... how gay

-merc

More reason to get the game/future titles from Steam. Get the damn middle man out of the picture.

ya i agree its the same felling I got last year right before it passed its release date

i mean seriously, i got all excited and visited the forums every day, checked news everywhere every day... then BOOM we hear nothing for another couple months... i dunno i just have the same feeling...

-merc

Well, at least at this point, it just about out of valve's hands. We need a new "Info from Vivendi" thread, cause we're gonna need to bombard them with "Are you gonna release it yet? " emails.

Back