Softlight Studios

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

my name is Jonathan McEnroe from Glasgow. I am wondering if there are many artists from Scotland on the boards.

I am one of the owners of a multimedia company Softlight Studios and I am personally looking to branch off and have a games development section. I am also looking into using the Source Engine to create the first title which I am currently writing which is yet untitled, but I can say it's in the action, Sci-Fi and horror genre.

Softlight Studios is currently going through start up and development so it'll be a little while before we're up and running however theres no hamr in going on the hunt early for interest. If there is anyone who'd like to get in contact with me, who is an artist and/or can use the HL2 Editor and tools from Scotland, please PM me or send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you, I look forward ot hearing from you,

Jonathan

:O And we can be sure it'll be a superb title!

Hello Ennui

Hey Ennui,

well I've been playing games for a long time as I am sure you have also, there is a lot in FPS which still hasn't been done and I am working to try pull out things that pull down the success of a video game and make sure I don't go down that route.

I am looking into many successful video games titles, seeing how and why they are successful.

The story itself that I am currently developing isn't solid yet, however in the next 6 months to a year it will be solid and fully written, some might think this a long time away but in order for a game to make it well from page to screen everything has to be thought through.

Having worked with EA Games on Battlefield 2 Modern Combat I understand now how game documents are written and used within the Art teams.

For now I feel scotland really doesn't have a company which stands out as a leading games company, there is Rockstar North but they have many studios, so I want Glasgow to have it's own company which stands out.

Please don't see this as an unprofessional approach, coming onto a modding forum, because you'd be suprised at what other bigger companies do to look for it's workers :)

But I can assure you, I'll do my best to make sure it's an exciting journey that the user is taken on :)

Jonathan

Hey guys,

in terms of our company name we've already looks out the legal info and we're fine.

On Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, which will be released at the end of this year on PS2, XBOX and XBOX 360, I was a conceptual designer, designing environments, and buildings along with some graphic design work.

Jonathan

lol, stop calling it Battlefield 2 Modern Combat :) BF2 is fine, we've all played it for countless hours :thumbs:

Hey Six Three,

the full title is Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and will be released this october.

Jonathan

SixThree, he needs to call it "Battlefield 2 Modern Combat" as it is different from Battlefield 2, the PC counterpart.

Six Three (63) <exclamation mark>

Are you not a fan of Battle-Field Two: Modern Combat, the computer simulation program made by Electronic Arts in the year 2005 <question mark>

Ah, sorry then... Never heard of BF2:MC, is it an expansion or the console version? I thought the pc exp was called Spec Ops or something...

Jonathan McEnroe said:
Please don't see this as an unprofessional approach, coming onto a modding forum, because you'd be suprised at what other bigger companies do to look for it's workers :)
Not at all :D

Good luck with your work. If I were a bit older and lived in Scotland, I'd probably consider it.

Back