Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama

Korgoth

Reaction score
So who here has listened to this album? I'm sure there are purists who are going to tell me that this is crap compared to their old stuff yadda' yadda'... I already had go through with a guy at work over this... But anyway, this album rocks, I mean the whole album.

IMO, there isn't a stand out track that I just don't like. Its all good to me. Whats really the meat and potatoes here though, is the hooks/chorus' in each song. They've mastered that! :) I'm a soilwork fan, so if you haven't heard this, I recommend you do.

Man, Soilwork. Now there's a band that has really let me down...just like In Flames of late. I haven't been able to listen to anything that they've released since the terrific Chainheart Machine. Does this release give me any hope of liking them again?

I thought it was a great cd (but I actually paid for it, heh so I might have just convinced myself to like it or else lol) but seriously. I think its a great cd. Not as hard/heavy as some of their older stuff maybe, but it has damn fine hooks, and great melodies/chorus lines.... So yeah, give it a spin, I don't think you'll be to awfully dissapointed, if at all.

Soilwork follow a half-and-half procedure. Their first three albums were excellent (well, many thought Predator's Portrait was their downfall because of the clean vocals, but in my opinion it's a decent album, and to this day the only album in Melodic DM where I find metalcore clean vocals acceptable), but the last three are metalcore shite. Stabbing the Drama is their latest album, so you work it out.

Soilwork follow a half-and-half procedure. Their first three albums were excellent (well, many thought Predator's Portrait was their downfall because of the clean vocals, but in my opinion it's a decent album, and to this day the only album in Melodic DM where I find metalcore clean vocals acceptable), but the last three are metalcore shite. Stabbing the Drama is their latest album, so you work it out.

Agreed.

Of course if your one of those hot topic kids who likes metalcore/numetal, soilwork is the best thing ever.

Personally I love all the Soilwork albums. Sure the latest ones are quite different, but good nonetheless.

If you like old Soilwork, you should get an album from Disarmonia Mundi.

Back