some character questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead

Reaction score
i have finished a character and rigged it and am beggining to animate it but i have some questions. i want to make this model replace the combine gaurd people who carry those batons. can i do this and get it in game without doing any coding whatsoever apart from the qc file obviously. also if im replacing a character do i need my new character to have all the same animations as him or can i just do the animations i want and not do the other ones. could i do a copy and paste job to create a new character by just cloning the combine without doing any coding? i am going to buy the visual studio software but i dont have the cash yet and id like to get this character in game soonish.

If you set it up with all the animations and with the same name as the .mdl file i dont think you should have a problem. I also dont think it matters what textures you use or what directory they are in, but I could be wrong.

if its jsut a replacement. it will be like downloading a skin ...you wont have to do any coding.

can we see ur model or is that a nono? i really wanna see crackhead's work. i barely see any of ur guys' work around here. i've only seen mindless_moder's work recently. can u please post it? :)

u see the thing is... im really rubbish at character modeling. i wanted to start my own little project but i had to get around the fact that i cant texture or model characters so i made this really cartoony chineese man. lol all the textures are just basic colours and i added noise. so im not too keen on showing you. the only thing about using the comibines smds is like for the animations where hes holding the stun baton theres no stunbaton there so there must be an attachment called stunbaton or w/e so id need that in there. also i think i need to do a bit of optimising whats a good poly count for a character model?

ooh i think im about 3k over the limit. when i have some stuff in game ill release a video.

might have something to do with the syringe next to his name....and the crack IN his name....

No, he was banned for breaking forum rules. (constantly triple posting and trolling). (I wasn't the one who banned him though)

wtf....this blows. how can people just ban other people...it should be like in the movies where there is a jury and people vote and there are witnesses and shit. man this shit is unprofessional. makes halflife2.net look like trash. seriously, they need to reform this ancient ass forum system. man...crackhead might of posted his work :|.

he didnt constantly triple post he did it once for a laugh. and he didnt troll if u actualy read the thread u will see that he some guy called him a ***** with the stars so he said eat my **** **** or whateva. it isnt really trolling its just having a laugh. he really wants to be unbanned though and says he would be on his best behaviour if you would kindly unban him. also he knows alot about xsi and when ppl come on here asking questions about xsi hes the only one that can help them.

PETITION FOR CRACKHEADS UNBANNING ! . i really want to see his mode :( . its a shame tht we are loosing an xsi user we dont have as many of them as it is.
carnage the mods keep deranged idiots away from the site if we had to have trials for each idiot that posted spam or racist slurs then the trials would be never ending ..theyre awesome at what they do but maybe this time they made a mistake ..crackhead is a fairly new member he should have been let off with a warning ...we had a warning system b4 :S ...and it was good :( .

heh....i thought he did something worth getting banned for....or something....

If you want him unbanned, PM ComradeBadger. But let me just say in my casual snooping, I saw that crackhead's IP addy was the same as a few other peoples, including tishmingo blues. Some of those other people happen to exhibit troll-like behavior.

I wouldn't be suprised if our friend crackhead was master of multiple accounts, and if that's the case, there's no unbanning him.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo crackhead!!!!!!! i believed in u!!!!!!!!! crackhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm gonna steal ur stash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! watch it closley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unban crackhead plz he need to talk to people about modelling, he a good guy but his heat is in the wrong place. im the leader of opposing shephard and crackhead is my modeller and he told me that "he is not the master of multiple account's he only had one account witch got banned and he had to make a second (on another pc he had) he told me to tell the people(meaning the people who read this) that he been banned for no reason. therefore he never had more than one account at the same time.

plz don't ban for this.

unban crackhead website

hot564231 said:
unban crackhead plz he need to talk to people about modelling, he a good guy but his heat is in the wrong place. im the leader of opposing shephard and crackhead is my modeller and he told me that "he is not the master of multiple account's he only had one account witch got banned and he had to make a second (on another pc he had) he told me to tell the people(meaning the people who read this) that he been banned for no reason. therefore he never had more than one account at the same time.

plz don't ban for this.

unban crackhead website

Well, you're not going to be banned, you don't need to worry about it.
However, he ruined any chance of getting himself unbanned by making a second account. That is not permited, period. If he wanted to appeal his ban, he should have e-mail Munro or one of the other admins, whose e-mail addresses are listed on the "Staff" page of HL2.Net. Or he could have used the "contact us" link.

dude...but he just wanted to tell us that he got banned. i mean how the hell were we supposed to know that he got banned. it woulda been like i dragged u from ur bed at midnight, murdered u, buried u, and ur wife doesnt tell anybody(i'm not implying anything by this).

xC4RN4G3x said:
dude...but he just wanted to tell us that he got banned. i mean how the hell were we supposed to know that he got banned. it woulda been like i dragged u from ur bed at midnight, murdered u, buried u, and ur wife doesnt tell anybody(i'm not implying anything by this).

Have you tried looking at his name recently? If so, you will notice that his current status has been spelled out for you. It says "Banned." :rolleyes:

:D

SidewinderX said:
Have you tried looking at his name recently? If so, you will notice that his current status has been spelled out for you. It says "Banned." :rolleyes:

:D
sidewinderowned.

lolz
but i still tihnk ur being hard on the guy . ive seen much more shit get much much much less . people making entire threads fillled with spam and they dont get anything more than a closed thread. thats just nucking futs .

i thought it coulda been a joke. gosh... u guys are way to serious. and yes...i think it was a bit harsh(for whatever he did).

Heh, I thought I made this clear already, I didn't ban him initially. moan at comradebadger! anyway, with that, I'm closing the thread. if you still want to moan and complain, take it to pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back