Some help with CSS

kacation_man

Reaction score
Every time i try and run css my pc keeps crashing. it says hl2.exe has encountered a problem bla bla bla. then i get blue screen of deahth D: helps! please

amd duron 1.6Ghz.
nvidia FX 5700LE
512Mb ram
ECS mobo ( could be my problem right there but i dont know )

Uninstall, delete the CSS folder and re-download...

sorry for the double post but i kinda wanted to bump this becuase this pc im trying to get running i need asap.

ok so like i said shit was failing. I had reinstalled the correct drivers for my graphics card because i had failed to realize that when switching from the 6200 to the 5700 that they where different series cards and had different drivers. I had came to this conclusion when doing the steam support diagnostic scan, under Display drivers it said i had failed. I had click the "update drivers" link when sent me to the nvidia website where I had downloaded the right drivers for the FX series card. I uninstalled the old drivers, rebooted, installed the new drivers, rebooted again and had hoped this would solve my problem. I keep getting crashes, the game still crashes and some times, not always, but after the game crashes it some times gos to the blue screen of death. Can anyone help me out or point me in the direction of some good third party drivers for my card?

well, third party drivers will kill ya. they are not compatible, its just viruses in a can. POST THE ERROR, OR WE CANT HELP YOU. THE ERROR IS IMPORTANT IN HELPING, AND IF YOUR LAZY LIKE ME, JUST TAKE A SNAPSHOT, AND POST IT UP.

well the blue screen of death isnt "print screen"-able either way i seem to have... retarded it, it I installed some older drivers that seem to hold up for longer, im still getting the blue screen of death every once and a while, but i think its a hardware problem.

Back